Chapter Thirty Three

Enjoy the read. :)
________________________

Three weeks later, Toni is overdue by a week and she's anticipating the birth of her son who has yet to arrive. She's doing some last minute baby shopping online, and went to go get a drink of water from her mini refrigerator in her bedroom. She got up from the bed and felt water trickle down her legs.

"It's time!" Toni yelled. The boys immediately ran upstairs and helped their mother down the stairs. Everyone was clapping and cheering because it's finally time. Tamar drove Toni to the hospital, meanwhile Ken was getting Peyton from Nicole's house. Traci informed him that Toni's water broke and he was on his way to the hospital.

"Mrs. Edmonds, your private suite is ready for you." The receptionist said. Tamar wheeled Toni to her room, and Toni began to have contractions.

"I need Kenny, Tamar. Where is his?" Toni whined while rocking back and forth standing. Tamar looked at her phone and received a text from Ken saying he's stuck in traffic on the parkway.

"He's coming in the next twenty minutes." Tamar lied. Toni climbed onto the bed by herself and tossed around into the hospital bed, looking for Ken. The nurse checked to see how far along Toni was, and she wasn't that far.

"You're only a centimeter dilated, Mrs. Edmonds. I'll check back in thirty, just breathe." Nurse Terri said. She exited the room and Toni became impatient.

"Where's my husband?" Toni whined. Tamar looked at her phone and saw Ken's text saying he's in the parking lot entering the hospital.

"He should be here very soon, don't worry." Tamar smiled. Just then, Ken came in the room and Toni smiled from ear to ear. Tamar hugged Ken and left the lovebirds alone.

"Hi, honey." Toni said. Ken went closer to Toni and kissed her, non-stop. She became really happy to see his face.

"Sorry, there was traffic but I'm here now. How are you feeling?" Ken asked. He kissed her sweaty forehead and sat down next to her.

"I'm in pain but I'm okay. Ready for our little guy to make an appearance." Toni said.

Seventeen hours passed and Toni was seven centimeters dilated, becoming impatient. She was having non-stop contractions for six hours straight and didn't want to receive any medication.

"Kenny, I hate you." Toni cried.

"I know, but this is our last child, remember that." Ken said. Nurse Terri walked in and checked to see how far Toni was and she was officially nine centimeters dilated.

"One more centimeter, then our prince will be here. I have a few names." Toni smiled.

"What are they?" Ken asked while rubbing Toni's foot.

"Xavier Jacob, Quincy Michael, and Orlando Troy." Toni smiled.

"Those are hideous names, Tone. I have great name, but you'll have to wait until the baby is born. I'll guarantee that you'll love it." Ken said.

"Yeah, right." Toni laughed. As she was laughing, she felt something and she asked Ken to look to see what was going on and he saw the head. He immediately called the nurse and the doctors came in, and right away Toni started to push. An hour later of pushing, Toni gave birth to a handsome and happy baby boy.

"Happy Birthday, baby Edmonds!" Dr. Jackie said. Toni's eyes were filled with tears and she was so elated to finally see her son. After the nurse gave him to Toni, she fed him.

"Look at my yummy nephew, Toni." Tamar said walking into the room. Traci was in awe on how much the baby looked like Diezel when he was born.

"That is so Diezel's twin. What's his name?" Traci asked.

"I had three names: Xavier Jacob, Quincy Michael and Orlando Troy." Toni said. The girls started to laugh in her face.

"I am so glad you are laying down, because you need to have several seats and beds. I don't want nephew being made fun of, that's a no." Tamar said.

"Tamar." Ms. E said.

"Then what is his name?" Peyton asked.

"Avery Carter Edmonds." Ken smiled.

"Now that's my brother in law. You have sense, I am so here for that." Tamar said.

"Thank you, he's a heavy little guy. Nine pounds and one ounce, twenty two inches long." Ken said.

"I'm so happy he is finally here. Thank you guys for everything." Toni smiled.