Chapter Twelve

Toni is seven months pregnant and she feels uncomfortable all the time.

"Peyton!" Toni yelled. Peyton ran from the living room into the master bedroom and sees Toni in the bed.

"Honey, can you keep my company? I need someone to talk to." Toni said. Peyton sighed and jumped into the bed, laying next to Toni.

"What's up?" Peyton asks. Toni sighs and puts her right hand on her stomach, rubbing it into a circular motion.

"I'm scared. I'm afraid that I won't raise the baby, properly. I never had a daughter before, it's nerve racking to know that there's going to be a mini me running around the house." Toni said. Her hormones took over and she started to tear up. Peyton turns to her father's nightstand and sees a box of Kleenex, and pulls out a few sheets of tissues and hands them to Toni.

"Thank you, sweetie." Toni said while patting her cheeks with the tissues.

"I'm seven and half years old, but listen, you're a great mother, regardless. I mean you raised two boys, and they're grown and handsome. You take care of your children, you even take care of me, even though you don't have to. This baby needs you, I need her too. I'm tired of being the last child, but overall, this baby is going to be loved by all of us." Peyton smiled. She reached for a hug from Toni and smiled.

"Honey, you're like a daughter to me. I love you." Toni smiled.

"I love you too, but I have a question. Do you think once the baby comes, I'll be forgotten about?" Peyton asked.

"No, not at all. What makes you think that?" Toni asked.

"It's because babies need the most attention. I mean Denim and Diezel are old enough to do whatever, and I'm not. Once the baby comes, you and Daddy's main focus will be on the baby." Peyton said.

"Oh honey no, I mean you're not going to feel left out, at all. Once the baby comes, we'll have a Mommy and Peyton day, I promise." Toni smiles. Peyton kisses Toni's cheek and leaves the bedroom.

Kenny enters the bedroom while a bouquet of red and pink roses, and surprises Toni.

"Thank you, love. You're too sweet." Toni smiles. Kenny lays in the bed and smiles at Toni. He gently traces random patterns on Toni's stomach while his index finger.

"God, you're perfect. Toni Michele, thank you. I hope that we spend an eternity forever because you make me the man that I am today. You are super important to me and I'm thankful our baby girl is arriving in two months. Just cannot wait to tell our little princess that her mother is beautiful and talented. I love you, always and forever." Kenny said. By the time Ken said 'perfect', Toni was an emotional wreck.

"Ken, I love you so much." Toni said while tracing his right eyebrow.

Chapter Thirteen coming soon 🦄