Chapter Thirteen

Today is the day Toni has her baby shower, which is filled with a pink and gold theme.

Tamar, Trina and Traci are decorating the backyard with all the baby favors and decorations. Towanda and Ms. E are preparing the foods, from the baby back ribs to French fries. Ken goes upstairs and here's somebody crying.
It was Toni.

"T, you okay?" Ken asked. Toni was on the floor crying with one of her gold Christian Louboutin heels in her hand.

"Honey, this baby expanded my feet. I'm officially an 8, and these heels were customized just for this day. You know what?! I am not coming out there looking like this." Toni said. Ken sighs as he sits next to her on the floor.

"Baby, listen. This baby changed your body, in a good way. You've got this beautiful melanin glow on you; I love your whole new outlook on life. You're an incredible woman, and a beautiful one too." Ken whispered. Toni's eyes became glossy as Ken spoke to her.

"You make me so happy. C'mon, we've got a baby shower to attend." Toni smiled. Ken helped Toni up from the floor and she walked with her gold slip-ons on her feet.

"Introducing the parents to be, Kenny and Toni Edmonds!" Tamar yells.

"Toni Edmonds has a beautiful ring to it! Next year, I cannot wait to be Mrs. Edmonds." Toni whispered into Ken's ear. He blushed and his nose scrunched up. Toni sits down at her table where she feels little hands covering her eyes. Peyton surprises Toni from behind because she was away with her uncle Melvin, for two weeks.

"Mommy!" Peyton smiles. Toni becomes hormonal and smiles knowing that her big princess is back home.

"Honey, I missed you. How was uncle Melvin's house?" Toni asked.

"It was alright, I just missed you and daddy." Peyton smiles.

"What about Denim & Diezel, and the baby?" Ken asked. Peyton grinned widely.

"I definitely missed my boys & especially my sister. I can't wait for her to come, so that Mommy and I can hang out together." Peyton smiles and hugs Toni. In between hugs, the baby kicked. Both Toni and Peyton look at each other and laughed. An hour passes by, it was time to open up gifts.
So many blessed gave little onesies, diapers, plenty of strollers, bottles and pacifiers.

"Ken and I want to thank everyone for coming out to share this night with us. Ken, Baby Edmonds, myself, Peyton, and the boys appreciate everyone of you guys. We love you all, and we hope you all get home safely!" Toni said. The guests started to leave and the family cleaned up.

"Calling it a night, if you need me, I'll be upstairs." Toni sighed. As she was struggling up the steps, Peyton gave her a lending hand.

"Come mommy, let's go." Peyton smiled. Toni grabbed Peyton's hand and walked the rest of the stairs.

"Mommy, I'm scared." Peyton said. Toni had a confused expression on her face and sighed.

"Scared of—" Toni was saying as she got cut off by Peyton.

"Never mind, it doesn't matter anymore. Have a goodnight." Peyton sighed as she left the bedroom. Toni shrugged her shoulders and saw Ken in the doorway.

"What's wrong, baby?" Ken asked. He sat next to Toni and wrapped his right arm around her waist.

"Ken, I'm worried about Peyton. Before she thought she was going to be forgotten about when the baby comes. Just a few minutes ago, she was saying she was scared of something but I don't know what she's afraid about." Toni said while tears roll down her face. She gently places her head on Ken's shoulder.

"Tomorrow morning, you, me and Peyton are going to have a little talk. Don't worry about anything, T. I got you." Ken said while rubbing her back.
Toni smiled and gives a kiss on his soft lips.

Chapter Fourteen coming soon 👑💖