Chapter Twenty Seven

It's been three weeks since Toni and Ken's disagreement about the pregnancy announcement via Instagram. Ken has been taking care of Ava and Peyton all by himself and hasn't spoken to any Braxton sister, at all.

"Peyton, you're going to stay with your mommy, until Toni and I figure out something." Ken said while giving Peyton her breakfast.

"Daddy, why? I wanna stay with you and Mommy." Peyton whines. Ken's heart tore in two when she started to cry.

"Daddy and Mommy have to work out things so we can be happy again. Then your baby brother can come and we'll be together." Ken said. Ken misses Toni but he's been growing apart from her a little bit. A knock on the door appeared. He told Peyton to bring Ava upstairs into the playroom.

"Hey Face." Towanda said.

"Hello, come on in." Ken said. They both sat down on the couch.

"I am here to listen to your side of the story. I already heard Toni's story, and she wasn't too happy. I know what you said, but you meant it out of anger, I'm assuming." Towanda said.

"Yes, I have. But what did she say?" Ken asked.

"She said that you were mad because she posted an announcement about the pregnancy and how you were upset because she's only in her first trimester and how anything could happen, and apparently you said, if she wasn't pregnant none of this would've happened, and how you called it quits." Towanda said.

"Most of it is true, but she lied on the ending. She left then came back to the bedroom saying she wanted a divorce and gave me her ring. Look you know, I would never want a divorce, I said it out of anger because I'm protective of my family. She doesn't know this, but this was between Nicole and I. Before Peyton came, we were trying and trying to have kids, but she kept miscarrying and every time Nicole was pregnant, I didn't get my hopes up." Ken said. He just broke down crying and Towanda hugged him.

"But Toni loves you so much. Tell her what you told me and she'll understand." Towanda said.

"Tell me what?" Toni asked.