Chapter Twenty-Four - Fight Song

Walking through the gates arm in arm with the guy I liked could only start the day in the best possible way, I finally felt happy. The dead don’t usually. I held myself as close as I could to him, just so everyone could see. Because he was a lot taller than I was, I looked like a child on his arm but that didn’t stop people staring. Jim blew a kiss and smiled, turning back to his friends. I blushed and pretended to catch it; considering it was the nearest thing to romance I would get from him. I turned to face Mike and he pulled me up into a kiss, I smiled against his lips and brushed his hair away from his eyes. I loved that shade of blue because they showed when he was happy. But I could feel the awkwardness radiating in the air and he pulled away, I turned around to face a less than happy Taylor. Whoops.

‘What do you think you’re doing? Kissing my boyfriend!’ she screeched, I bit my lip trying to keep my laughter in. I just wanted to burst out and say that it was my exact plan. She would be even angrier then.

‘Ah well. Guess where Mike stayed last night Taylor’ I smirked, looking back at him. He had disappeared because he didn’t want to be involved I guess.

‘Look. He’s going out with me, not you. He wouldn’t go out with a nerd like you anyway’ she replied, fluffing out her blonde hair and keeping that smug smile on her face. I was trying my hardest not to look at her neck because her anger meant that I could feel the blood pump through her body. I kept my lips shut because my fangs came out and I clenched my fists up.

‘I am not a nerd, plastic wannabee’ I growled, stepping forward to her. ‘I don’t need to hide behind layers and layers of make up because of how ugly I am’ I smiled, watching as she growled deep under her breath. I didn’t just anger her, I angered the wolf within.

By now most people had gone to class but left on the field was Taylor, Me, Mike, Jim, Frankie and Chilli, and two first years whose names were Bethany and Alex. I think they were going out but I wasn’t sure. The crowd were waiting to see if anything would kick off and true to anticipation, it kicked off big time.

‘Get off me!’ I screamed as she pulled at my hair, so I twisted her hand and pushed her to the floor. I was used to being beat up by people so she was easy. She stood up and pushed me back to the floor, looking around at the crowd of people. She smiled an evil, menacing grin. But with this I bit down with my fangs into her hand and stood up, pulling at her hair again. It got into more violent things and I’m pretty sure we broke each other’s arms.

‘Should we stop them? It looks really violent and painful’ Mike gasped as I stood up and held my bleeding arm, but Zack just smirked.

‘Ah leave them. A bit of fighting is good for the soul. Plus your girlfriend scratched all down my face so she will pay’ Zack shrugged, holding the three deep, bleeding scratches that ran down his cheek. I sobbed and held my arm, but Mike pulled me into a gentle hug.

‘You need to stop because you’ll end up killing each other. Please let me take you to the nurse’ he shook, looking down at my blood covered hand and the broken bone that protruded from my pale skin. It wasn’t painful, it just stung more than anything and I was starting to feel a little weak.

‘Just get my dad in. Please’ I cringed, gritting my teeth and letting out a small cry of pain. I didn’t know that she watched wrestling programs, I thought she watched all the gossip programs and reality TV. Taylor stood up and brushed herself down, her eye bruised and her lip bleeding. I came off worse.

*******                                                                                                                   

I sat opposite the head teacher and next to my dad, my arm in a sling and an ice pack to my eye. He had his arms folded tight to his chest and his gaze was merely on the teacher, he had no reason to look at me, I was unforgivable. I cringed and moved my ice pack to my throbbing jaw and the head teacher finally began to speak.

‘As you can see. Your daughter has been in a fight’ he stated, taking a pen out from his shirt pocket and writing down some notes. ‘She is in quite a state and we think she has broken her arm but she refuses to go to a hospital’

Dad scoffed under his breath and sat forward on his chair. ‘A fight you say, who with? I’m intrigued. She isn’t one to fight’ he smirked, looking at me then back at the empty chair. The teacher pushed Taylor in who was hiding in Mike’s arms and pretending to be all innocent. I rolled my good eye at the sight and muttered under my breath and my broken jaw.

‘Mike. Surprise to see you involved in all this’ Dad smiled, shutting the door. This room was soundproofed from what I heard. ‘Now tell me, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?’

His eyes wondered over to me and I snapped my jaw back into place and sighed. ‘Nothing. She called me a nerd’ I growled, looking at Taylor.

‘What? You were snogging my boyfriend’s face off!’ she growled, looking at Mike. I looked at Dad.

‘Don’t blame either of them two, just blame me. I’ll stay in the house for however long just don’t get them into trouble’ I sighed, watching as they left the room and it was just us two. He leant against the door and folded his arms yet again.

‘Oh there’s no punishment’ he replied. ‘You have proven that you are tough enough to be a good vampire. But it’s the meeting tonight so I want you all healed up because going with a broken arm will look very weird. Also, tonight we’re discussing more about how the council is ran, it’s all very interesting’ he said sarcastically, helping me up. ‘Let’s get you home and all cleaned up. I’ve actually made dinner tonight because I was going through the shelves and found a recipe book. We’re having a chicken casserole and homemade ice-cream’

And now he’s cooking. Something is definitely wrong with him.