Shit Just Got Serious

"Everyone calm down!"

Turning to Rick, I noticed the bruise formed on his cheek bone.

"Stacy, can you make a run to the pharmacy?" Rick asked as he slowly pulled Stacy toward him away from me.

He was covered in black and blue bruises, and was walking with a limp.

"My back is hurting me and I don't think I can drive."

Turning towards me she frowned, and let him pull her into the hallway.

I waited until I heard the front door slam shut before I advanced on Rick and Logan.

"What the fuck is going on with you two, what happened?" I asked pointing to Rick who was slowly sitting himself against my dresser.

He knows about us, Jas. He and I were outside, when one of Vains' people came. I had to turn in front of him.

"So you didn't do all of this to Rick?" I asked pointing my finger towards my bruised and broken ex.

They shared an intense look and immediately I knew they were keeping out of the loop from something.

"He didn't do this to me..." Rick said as he stared out the window.

"He saved my life, Jas..." He said this time looking me right in my eyes.

"I was outside tossing out some junk when I felt something off. I scanned the area but didn't see anyone so I turned and headed towards the house when a figure came from around the corner and knocked me over. I couldn't defend myself at all... then Logan came from out of nowhere..." He trailed off still looking out the window.

If Rick couldn't defend himself, I know for sure I never would be able to; he was one of the strongest guys I know. His ego must be really hurt right now.

"So, I know your secret..." Rick said slowly standing up from my desk.

"And its safe with me, Jasmin, I know Stacy would freak out and open her mouth or something so her knowing is out of the question."

"But don't you think she should know?" I asked as I walked over to my mate and sat on the bed next him; he was awfully quiet.

"Stacy knowing will only bring trouble, she might go to the police or the news, or be a constant pain in our asses, unless we get up and leave but still either way she will be in danger."

Biting my lip in frustration, I got up and started pacing.

"Okay, we keep the secret between the three of us, but what the hell are we going to do Logan?"

Standing up he walked towards me and Rick.

Just as we heard the car pull up and Stacy's car door slam shut, I turned towards the window to see her carrying bags of medication and supplies.

"It's going to be hard but it has to be done, last night the decision was made."

Turning towards Rick, they, maintained eye contact, "I'm starting a pack..."