Ch.61 The truth

The fire was spreading more by the minute as everyone tried to find a way out.

"Everyone look around" Robins said "There has to be something in here we can use to escape."

They all then started to look around, but all they found was nothing.

"It's no use" Sparrow said with a worried look "We're screwed."

"Wait" Poppy said "I may have something in my purse that could help us."

"What do you have in your purse that could possibly help us?" Sparrow doubted.

Poppy reached into her purse and pulled out a hairbrush.

"Oh my God" she said surprised "I can't believe I forgot about this."

"A hairbrush?" Robin said.

"This isn't an ordinary hairbrush, this one is magic, and now I have an idea."

She went to the window and started to use the brush to brush her hair. Sparrow and Robin watched with amazement as her hair started to grow longer the more she brushed her hair. Her hair grew so long that it coiled up on the floor. After she finished brushing, she gathered up her hair and threw it out the window as it fell to the ground.

"Alright" she said "Who's gonna climb down first?"

"What?" they said.

"Well it's the only way we have of getting out of here, so who's gonna climb down first?"

"But what about you?" Sparrow asked.

"Don't worry about me, I know how to get down, so who's gonna go first?"

"Well I guess I'll go first" Robin said as he climbed on the window while holding onto Poppy's hair.

He then started to climb down as fast as he could until he finally reached the bottom.

"Okay Sparrow" Poppy said "You're next."

"Are you sure about this?" he asked with a nervous look.

"Trust me, now go."

He gave a sigh as he grabbed hold of her hair and started to climb down. Once he made it to the bottom, Poppy got on the window and wrapped her hair around a hook near the window. She then grabbed hold of her hair and started to swing down. When she made it to the bottom, she pulled her hair down and pulled out her scissors and cut it off and styled it back into her pixie haircut.

"Well that was fun" she smiled.

"Wow you styled your hair quick" Sparrow said amused.

"Yeah I'm proud of myself."

After reuniting with everyone, they all went back to the Merry Men camp where they had dinner.

"So what are we gonna do about Prince John and the Sheriff?" Poppy asked.

"Oh I already sent a message to King Richard saying that Prince John and the Sheriff caused another fire at his castle" Robin said "And now we just have to wait until we hear the good news."

"I gotta say" Melody said "That was pretty exciting."

"Who knew coming here would be so interesting" Sparrow agreed.

Later that night, Sparrow was resting against a tree when Robin came up to him.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey" Sparrow said back.

"Can I, talk to you for a moment?"

"Um...okay."

Robin sat on a boulder and faced Sparrow.

"I know I may of asked you this before" he said "But why don't you want to follow your destiny?"

Sparrow gave a sigh "I don't know, I just don't feel like this destiny is made for me."

"Are you sure? Cause you did pretty well today."

"Yeah but, I just don't see it in my future."

"So you're still thinking about being a musician?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure there isn't any other reason why you don't want to follow your destiny?"

Sparrow gave a small sigh as he avoided eye contact.

"What is it?" Robin asked.

"Oh it's nothing."

"No, you got something on your mind, what is it? You can tell me?"

"I don't know" Sparrow sighed.

"Come on, what's wrong?"

"Well... there is this one reason why I don't want to follow my destiny."

"What is it?"

"When I was about 8 years old, do you remember that big ambush we had in town?"

"Yeah. I told you to stay inside while I helped."

"I know that, but I got worried of what could happen to you so I watched through my window as you fought the enemies. And all I saw was people getting killed, there was fire and blood everywhere, it was so horrifying, I tried to look away but I couldn't. After the attack, I saw all of the bodies everywhere, places were burned and torn down, and that made me think about my destiny, am I gonna have to face  something horrible that? Am I gonna get killed? Every since that day I never wanted to follow my destiny, so I turned to music cause it cheered me up, but I would never forget that day."

"So you don't want to follow your destiny all because you witnessed a bloody ambush and were afraid that it could happen to you?"

"Pretty much" Sparrow sighed.

"Sparrow why didn't you tell me this?" Robin said with shock.

"Because I thought you wouldn't understand."

"Of course I would understand, I'm a dad, you can tell me anything."

"Well I don't why I couldn't tell you, I just couldn't get it out. And now you know the truth."

"Well, I'm glad you told me. I understand that you're afraid and all, and if it makes you happy, you can become a musician."

"Really?" Sparrow said surprised.

"But every once in a while, I would like it you could help me and my Merry Men on different tasks."

"Well that depends on what we're doing" Sparrow smirked.

"Alright then" Robin smiled "So, are we good now?"

"We're good."

And with that they gave each other fist bumps and small chuckles.

The next morning, Marian, Sparrow and his friends had to leave to go back to Ever After. After saying goodbye to Robin and the Merry Men, they all went back to Ever After. Now back at Ever After, Sparrow and Poppy decided to hang out in his tree house where Sparrow played a bit on his guitar.

"So did you bond with your father?" Poppy asked.

"I did actually" Sparrow smiled.

"I knew seeing him would be a good idea" she smiled.

As he continued to play his guitar, Poppy got up and went up to him.

"You got room for a duet?" she asked.

"Well that depends of what kind of duet" he smirked as he put down his guitar and she sat on his lap.

"Why don't we find out" she smiled as she put her arms around his shoulders as they leaned in and into a kiss.

Sparrow felt glad that he was able to bond with his father, and it was all thanks to his new girl Poppy.