Chapter Ten

Seems like more of yall are starting to find me again! Let's keep it going. Tell your friends that I'm back!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday rolled around and I was feeling much more at ease around Zak. He didn't seem to even think twice about the bar. He did have a lot to drink; maybe he didn't remember? Yeah, that's what I'm going with.

We were sitting in music, everyone doing their own little thing. Zak couldn't be bothered since the talent show was this Friday. Only about ten people signed up, including me. It was pretty sad.

I put my earphones in and relaxed my mind with some classic rock. Suddenly the door opening caught my attention and the principal walked in. I laughed to myself; I wonder who's getting in trouble. I pulled one earpiece out to try and hear what was going on, but with the cheer sluts chatting away, it was nearly impossible. Zak glanced up at me. OH NO. I didn't do shit this time.

The principal left and he motioned for me to come into his office. This can't be good. I got up and walked in as he leaned onto his desk. He was wearing a snug polo that hugged every single gorgeous muscle in that body of his. His jeans were low rise and I swear I could see that sexy v that headed straight down to-

'STOP IT ANNIE' I mentally slapped myself. HARD. I could feel my face heat up as I stared him down. Maybe this wasn't a good idea, me in his office. I swallowed hard as my eyes focused on his stomach until he cleared his throat. Oops.

"Sit down, please." He gave a small reassuring smile

"Did I do something wrong?" I looked at him confused while I sat directly in front of him. His knee could rub against my leg if he allowed it. He didn't seem to mind the closeness.

"No, no. Mr. Scott just informed me that the talent show has been canceled until the spring. Not enough people signed up, so we have more time to find people and now he's going to throw in a prize."

"Okay, for a minute there you had me worried. But this is good, I can prepare more!" He smirked.

"That just means more competition Annie"

"Don't worry about me Mr. Stone. I can handle some competition" I smiled and tapped his knee in a playful way. He tensed.

"I know you can, I don't doubt your talent for a second. I have some more good news. I've been trying to get permission for a class trip down to Miami for a convention and he just gave us the okay. We leave Friday and come back Sunday." He looked happy and proud of himself. And don't get me started on that perfect smile of his.

"So, the beach? Are you freaking kidding me!" I jumped out of the seat and hugged him. I was so excited to go down to Miami. I've never been there and hell, who doesn't like the beach? Before I knew it, Zak's arms were around my waist, holding me close to him. How did we get in this position? Oh crap. I forgot. I pulled away reluctantly.

"Sorry, got a little excited." I blushed deeper than ever and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It's quite okay Annie. Plus I got to see the effect of it." He chuckled and glided his thumb down my warm cheek. I felt myself lean into his touch, even though it was very small. I could literally see myself jumping his bones right here, right now. I wanted to kiss every inch of him. I wanted him to pull me close to him again. I get drunk of his scent and I didn't have enough.

SNAP OUT OF IT.

"So when are you telling the rest?" I leaned beside him on the desk, our elbows touching. I'm surprised I didn't get a weird look from him, he was sitting on the corner and I had the whole desk on the other side. Something was pulling me down right beside him.