Chatper Sixteen

Andrews POV (MYSTERY PERSON) ON BUS

Cara turned around in her seat and forced her lips on mine. Well she was my girlfriend, but she wasn’t the one I wanted. I covered up my feelings for Annie by pretending to like her best friend. I just wanted to get to know her better but this crush has become my obsession over the last two years.

It didn’t help that Annie was the one that was playing matchmaker.

The feeling of someone staring at me rushed over me as I kissed Cara. I opened my eyes and found Annie staring at us. She looked disgusted. I knew she liked me; she doesn’t even like the fact that I’m kissing someone else.

‘It’s okay baby. This will be you very soon.’

I watched her and my kiss became desperate. Only Annie was in my mind; Cara was merely a tool to show her how things could be between us.

She’ll realize that teacher is nothing.

I just had to work on a plan.

Annie’s POV (The next day)

‘Ugh, time for school again.’ I sat up in bed and pried my eyes open. ‘WAIT! It’s a school day! I get to see Zak for two classes!’ God, I’m going to love school even more now. I instantly perked up. I ran into the bathroom and turned the shower on. After doing my business, I got dressed in my jeans and a causal tee shirt.

I grabbed a granola bar and headed to my car. I was humming along to my favorite song when something caught my eye.

A rose on my windshield.

My smile only grew bigger as I picked up the rose and smelled it. It had to be the most beautiful rose I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Attached to it was a small piece of paper that read;

‘Thinking about you <3 ZS’

I decided to keep the rose on me all day so I ran back inside and cut the steam shorter to put it behind my ear.

-School-

I pulled into the parking lot and spotted Cara and Andrew by his car. I got my bags and headed their way.

When Andrew spotted me, he pulled Cara in front of him while he wrapped his arms around her waist and started kissing her neck.

See, this wouldn’t bug me if he wasn’t staring me down while he did it.

He must really not want me over there. I dodged them and went to talk to some of the dance team for the last 10 minutes we have.

-Lunch-

“Okay guys, I’m going to music early to get more details on the talent show.” I stood up from the table of Andrew, Cara and Brandon. Cara didn’t really even notice, she was playing with Andrew’s fingers. Brandon was beating on the table with his fists, yeah he’s a drummer, can you tell? Andrew just smiled smugly at me. Okay, this kid is officially weird. I pick the worst best friends.

I laughed at Andrew silently as I walked down to the auditorium. When I pushed to door opened, I saw Zak leaning back in his chair with a huge grin and Greg was standing in front of his desk with a flustered look.

“Am I interrupting?” I walked a little ways in before they could speak.

Zak jumped up from his desk and started my way. I couldn’t take my eyes off his perfection. And that perfection was all mine.

Today he was wearing a dark grey button down shirt with black slacks. A purple tie hung around his neck loosely and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbow. As he made his way towards me, I felt my heart beat faster with each step. Everything stopped around me and all that mattered was him.