Chapter Thirty-Seven

*BRRRRRIIIIINNNGGGGG*

I sat straight up in my bed once my loud ass ring tone blared in my ear. Groaning and rubbing my eyes, I felt around for my phone; finally finding it under my pillow.

“Hello?” I said, my voice coming through groggy.

“Were you sleeping? I’m sorry angel, go back to bed.” Zak cooed over the phone.

“No, no. I’m fine. I miss you.”

He chuckled and I heard him open his front door.

“Let me in.”

My heart did the leap thing it always does when I’m about to see Zak. I loved that feeling; it just proves that our love is reality.

“Spare key is in the flower pot. Hurry.”

The call disconnected and I heard my front door open and close.

I smoothed out my hair and pulled my shirt down as much as possible, covering my boy shorts.

He eased my door opened and peered in. I lifted the covers up while he took off his jacket and shoes.

When he climbed in, he wasted no time in pulling me towards him, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

“Did you sleep well?” He mumbled against my soft spot.

“No.” I pretended to pout.

“What? Why?” He asked, pulling away to look in my eyes.

“Why didn’t you sleep over last night? I got used to you being here.”

“I told you, your parents are coming back since its Christmas Eve. I didn’t want to take the risk of not hearing them pull up. I’m not sure your dad would like me sleeping in his daughter’s room.”

I groaned and cuddled more to him. “I don’t care what they think. They’re just going to leave right after the new year. It won’t matter if they catch us.”

“Come on, don’t talk like that.” He kissed the top of my head. “Hey, why don’t you take a shower?”

I pushed up on my elbow to look at him.

“Uh, do I stink or something?” I started trying to smell myself, getting a little paranoid.

“No, of course not but..uhh..Just go take one.” He started pushing me off the bed.

“Zak!” I fell of the bed and onto my butt.

“Oh shit. I’m sorry. Are you okay?” He offered me his hand but I refused it.

“No. What the hell was that for?” I stood up, rubbing the sting away and he moved to my side of the bed, reaching out for me.

“I’m sorry. Come here.”

I jerked out of his hold.

“Just leave it. I’ll go take a damn shower.”

“Annie, wait.”

He tried to follow me but I slammed the door in his face.

What a freaking ass. What the hell has gotten into him? He’s never been that rough with me.

*Knock Knock*

“Please open the door. I’m so sorry.” He sounded really upset.

I quickly turned the shower on to cover his voice. I sat on the side of the tub, waiting for the shower to heat up.

Oh god, that was our first little tiff.

My tummy started doing flips.

*KNOCK KNOCK*