Chapter Nineteen

I stood there in complete shock.

I felt tears start pouring down, of course they were happy tears but Zak didn’t know that.

“Oh my god, did you hate it that much?” He came over to me and placed his finger under my chin, lifting my head.

I shook my head ‘no’

“It’s perfect! Of course I’ll go on a date with you.” I quickly wrapped my arms around him and he picked me up, twirling me around.

I breathed in his dreamy smell before he put me back down onto the ground.

“Well come on, get ready.” He kissed my temple.

“Where did Cara go?”

He smirked. “Greg’s taking Cara duty tonight.”

“He wouldn’t hurt her. Would he?” I questioned carefully.

“No, I’ve already warned him of what would happen. Now hurry, we gotta get there before the sun sets.” He started to leave the bathroom.

“Where are we going?”

He smiled. “It’s a surprise.” And he shut the bathroom door.

I looked around at the bathroom and smiled to myself. He just keeps out doing himself.

I turned on the shower after picking up the roses and setting them down on the sink counter. After showering, I wrapped the towel around me and styled my hair. I finished up everything I needed to do in the bathroom before opening the door cautiously. I didn’t know if Zak stuck around to wait or what.

He wasn’t anywhere to be found in my room, so I shut and locked my bedroom door to get dressed.

I remembered what Zak was wearing and he was pretty casual so I wasn’t going to get all dressy. After all his appearance was all I could go on since the destination was a surprise. I applied soft makeup and examined myself in my full length mirror.

‘Meh, this will have to do.’

I grabbed my purse and headed out into the living room. Zak was sitting on the couch, tapping his foot and humming along to a music video.

“Ready to go?”

He jerked his head back to me and smiled. “You bet.” He came over to me and pulled me into a hug. “You look gorgeous.”

“Thanks, you don’t look that bad yourself.” I poked his ribs as he chuckled.

He led me out to his car. We had about 30 minutes before the sun would finally set.

“Are we going to make it to this secret place in time?”

“Yeah, I’ll get you there.” He intertwined our fingers before pulling my hand up and kissing it.

I smiled as he backed out of his driveway and down the road.

-15 minutes later-

We pulled onto a dirt road that I was unfamiliar with.

“Umm..What are you planning on doing to me?” I joked around with him but he didn’t say anything. He just kept his eyes on the winding road ahead.

He pulled to the side and checked his surroundings.

“We’re here.” He opened his door and told me to stay put.

He walked around the car and opened my door, reached his hand out and smiled.

“Thank you.” I took ahold of it and got out of the car. “But where’s ‘here’ exactly”