Chapter Fifteen

Annie’s POV

I woke up with the sun and the biggest smile my lips could provide. Memories of last night came rushing to the surface and the thought of Zak being mine was the best feeling in the world, aside from his touch.

I untangled myself from the sheets and rolled out of bed. I decided I would enjoy the view for a little longer and stepped over and out on the balcony. The warm salty air rushed over me and I closed my eyes. We’re heading back home today and needless to say, I was sad to be leaving this paradise. My eyes wondered to the pool below where everything took place last night.

I jumped when the sliding door to our room opened and Cara stepped out onto the balcony.

“Why are you up so early!?” she asked groggily.

I shrugged. “If you are complaining about it being early, why in the hell did you get up?”

“Because I want the juicy details of last night!”

“You saw, you perv!”

“Yeah, but I didn’t hear anything. What did he say?”

“I’m not telling you! That was between us and will stay between us!”

“UGGH!! But y’all are together now…right?” she raised her eyebrow at me.

“I don’t know. He didn’t technically ask me out.”

“HAH! THAT’S NOT A NO!” She rushed me and pulled me into a hug. “I’m so envious of you!”

“Cara please! Control it! NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE can find out about this. I don’t even want to think of the consequences if someone were to find out.”

What the hell am I getting myself into?

“I swear my lips are sealed!”

“Good, we need to start packing. We leave in an hour.”

We headed back into the room and I decided on a shower. After doing my business in the bathroom, I packed my bags and set out my clothes for the bus ride home. I went with the most comfortable clothes I could find, which were dark grey lounge pants and a pink tank top. It was just a bus ride, no need to look all fancy! We carried our bags down to the ground floor and waited for the others to arrive.

I was so nervous to see Zak again. What if he decided that it was a mistake? I mean, he didn’t technically ask me out, so maybe we are just being causal about this.

The rest of the group was finally down from their rooms but still no sight of Zak or Ms. Simpson.

I needed to use the little girl’s room and excused myself from the group. When I rounded the corner I heard Ms. Simpson’s voice. “Come on Zak, just one kiss.” She was using her winey voice. I felt myself tense up.

“No Jennifer, I told you I’m with someone now. Come on; let’s get back to the students.”

I sighed in relief and then his words hit me; with someone? But HE never asked ME. What the hell. It has to be someone else. I felt my chest jolt with ache.

Ms. Simpson booked it around the corner and bumped into me. She looked livid. “Sorry, I was just going to use the restroom.” She nodded and walked past me without saying a word.

I peeked around the corner and Zak had his back towards me. He looked as if he was texting someone. I shrugged it off and eased into the bathroom without him seeing me. As soon as the door closed, my phone vibrated.

‘Did you sleep well angel? -ZS’

I squealed. So he’s still in this. I checked myself in the mirror and opened the door to the bathroom slowly.