Chapter Twenty-Four

After last night’s night unwanted shower from gigantic water guns; Cara really got pissed and made the guys leave. You should’ve seen her; she was soaked, chasing two grown men out of the house with a freaking toilet plunger at 12:30am.

Um, probably the funniest thing I’ve ever seen!

We crashed on the living room floor after we dried off. We had no more energy left and we needed to start building some for the pep rally.

I wasn’t nervous until I woke up this morning. It was like a thousand of butterflies woke up at the same time I did. It was so bad I was feeling nauseous. I even tried to take some medicine but the feeling wouldn’t go away.

How in the heck am I gonna hide this feeling all day? Zak knows me like the back of his hand.

I need to think of a plan, and a quick one at that!

“What’s wrong Annie?” Cara asked once she finished getting ready.

“I’m nervous about the pep rally.” I said casually as I pulled on my tennis shoes. We were dressed for the activities today; our lovely wind pants and jacket with our dance uniform hidden under it.

“There’s something you’re not telling me…”

“God, am I that see-through?”

She laughed and sat down beside me. “Seriously, what’s up?”

“Zak is gonna see how nervous I am.”

“Just tell him….you didn’t sleep well and you’re nervous about not preforming your best out there.”

I sighed loudly. “I can’t wait until I can stop lying to him.” I said while picking up my bag.

“I know, just get through today and it will all be worth it!”

We made a pack that if he tried to corner me, she would bail me out.

I love Cara.

-4th period (before lunch)

I was doodling ‘Z.S.’ everywhere on my notebook; yeah, so I’m freaking 16. It’s normal!

Too bad I couldn’t write out his whole name! That MIGHT cause a little too much attention.

The butterflies have only gotten worse since the day has been playing out.

I was in the middle of perfecting my ‘S’ when I felt my phone vibrate.

‘Lunch?<3 –Z.S.’

I showed Cara the text, signaling her to tell me what to reply back. I know if I was to go in there, something would spill out.

“Just tell him last minute meeting with dance.” She whispered back and I nodded.

‘Sorry, last minute meeting for pep rally  ): Miss you so much it hurts.–Evans’

Well at least half of that message was the truth.

‘I miss you angel. –Z.S.’

I took a deep breath and placed my phone back in my bag.

‘RIINGGG’

Cara and I grabbed our bags and headed for the court yard for lunch. I sat in silence the most of the time. She conversed with Greg via text message.

Greg was coming to watch the performance. Well I think to watch Cara but whatever.

The sound of the bell signaling the end of lunch caused me to feel sick again. I could literally feel myself ready to vomit.

“Come on, you’ll be fine. Put on a smile and keep conversation going with me.”