Twenty- Three

“So,” I asked, “Is he free now?”

 “Yes,” smiled the Principal, “I suppose you could say he’s a freeman.” (Pun intended)

“Okay, and what part does Mr Purple have to play in this?”

“Well,” Morgan Freeman explained, “Basically he is your guardian angel. He is from the enlightenment project, and I assigned him to watch over you. He didn’t do a particularly good job at being subtle about it though. Yes, really he’s just an all-round rookie, but hey at least you didn’t get the cops onto him. He did alright, he’s only learning…” his voice trailed off, and he shook his head.

“Okay,” I smiled, “So what do I have to do now?”

“Well,” he began, and he told me about the plan for the overthrow of the dark reign.

*2 weeks later*

Leonard rang me again, for the fifth time that night at 3am. He was such a stressed out young man, I worried for him sometimes.

“Is everything ok? What time do I come again?” he asked me, and I wondered to myself if there was any chance of this going well, considering that part of what we’d planned involved him, and he was such a wreck of a man sometimes.

Raphiel, Jepeuse, Mr Purple, Leonard, Morgan Freeman and I had a plan to make everything right. Raphiel and Jepeuse were both angels of the light, kind of like Mr Purple, but they were far more powerful and experienced and actually knew what they were doing. No offense, Purps bby. With much convincing, and due to the fact that all the male members of my team had chickened out, Principal Freeman had devised a plan that consisted of me entering the realm of darkness alone. I had to go in, there was no disputing that, I was the key to releasing the light, but I hadn’t expected it to be me, alone. Curse Leonards little bitch nature! So much for my “other half”.

Basically, our plan was that after I gained entry into the realm, I had to retrieve a small white rose they kept in the highest point of their tower, securely. Only the touch of my hands could unlock it. And by doing so, would release light unto the world. While I was trying to gain access to the rose, Leonard was going to sneak into the other darkness headquarters and cause a diversion. He was good with computers, and so he was going to try and gain access to one of their main computers and basically just mess it up as much as possible. He had a USB with a bunch of weir codings and bugs already installed, he was ready to go. Hopefully, this would all work out. Hopefully the diversion would work, and all of us would be able to get far, far away into safety, before any of the darkness members even realised what had hit them.

My plan for after the heist was to live a normal life. To be free, and happy and most importantly good. Leonard I had a plan of what we were going to do already. We were going to run away to New York, where would get normal jobs and have a home and a mortgage. I hoped Leonard and I would get married one day, but I was thinking ahead with that and it was more of a wish then a realistic glance into the future. But who knew, I surely didn’t. I had no idea what was going to happen to us, or to me. I had no idea if any of this would turn out well. I really had no idea, no idea at all.