Part Three

I had biology with Leonard in first period, where we discussed whose snapchat was the cutest last night until he fell asleep and I got bored so I left class to go sing musical numbers in the hallways. This is what I always did when I was bored.  It was also a good way for me to think and reflect. This was something I needed to do badly thanks to Mr Purples’s awkward admittance, earlier that morning. I was throwing my arms around, singing a song, getting really into it, when freaking Monica Portalina came into the hall. She didn’t have hall pass, so I supposed she was skipping like me. I stopped singing, and leant against the lockers, staring down at my feet to avoid eye-contact with someone as horrid as her. But, weirdly enough, she started to speak to me.

“Treat him well,” I heard her murmur.

“What?” I said, looking up.

Her eyes were red and puffy, she had clearly been crying.

“Leonard,” she said, “Treat him well. He deserves it.”

“Um? Thanks for the advice.” I said, coking and eyebrow at her in disapproval.

“Try his mums enchiladas, they’re really good,” she smiled.

“Sure…” I said, wondering why the hell this conversation was happening.

She had been dating another guy for months, why on earth was she suddenly interested in Leonard again? Simply, because I had him? Cute. I didn’t even want Leonard, I didn’t want anyone. All I needed was the hall to be free so I could sing musical numbers to myself some more.

“I guess I’ll be on my way now,” she said, walking off down the hall slowly.

“I guess you will,” I rolled my eyes, watching her walk away out of the hall.

I waited a few moments until I was sure she was gone, and then I returned to my singing. I had no idea what I was going to about Mr Purple, no idea what this situation with Leonard even was, no idea why the hell Monica was speaking to me about anything, let alone my love life, but I was happy. All I needed was my voice, and my musical numbers, and I was content. Everything else needed to go away. Everyone else needed to get away from me.

It was the first day of school, and I was already fed up. What on earth was the rest of the year going to hold for me?

I broke down crying mid-song, and I cried all the way through the rest of the day. Morning tea came and went, and I cried for the entirety. Lunch came and went, and I cried for the entirety. Soon enough the end of the day had arrived and I was still crying.  But at least it was over, and now I could go home and eat chocolate and snapchat Leonard, and nobody could annoy me further.