Chapter 37:

Emma POV:

I took the next day off and went to the police department first thing in the morning. Killian came with me, insisting that I was not to go anywhere alone. I assured him I could take care of myself, but it was really sweet when he got like this. We talked to them and gave them the lawyers number in case they needed anymore reason, but the protective order was in place. They had one on Killian too, given his history with Milah.

After that we went to the parking lot and climbed into the car. I leaned my head on the steering wheel, feeling like I just couldn't catch a break lately. When I felt Killian's hand on my back, the world felt a little brighter.

"Hey, what do you say we pull Henry from school early and take a day for fun? We'll do whatever you two like." He suggested.

I smiled and kissed him. "That sounds great."

We drove to the school and I ask the front office to pull Henry from class for me. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until a small brunette woman walked in, looking confused. She stuck out her hand.

"Hello, I'm Mary Margaret Nolan. I'm Henry's teacher." She introduced herself with a sweet smile.

"Hi. Is Henry in trouble?" I asked, nervous now.

"No. Actually he's not even here. I'm confused. His grandfather picked him up earlier, and said it was a family emergency." She furrowed her brow.

"Gr-grandfather? He doesn't have a grandfather." I managed to say. Killian's hands where now on my arms, trying to hold me together.

"He signed him out as a Mister Robert Gold. As you know, we're aware of Henry's father's condition. We thought maybe he had an emergency."

"Henry's dad died weeks ago." I was nearly yelling now. "His father is not legally allowed near Henry as of today because we think he's a danger to us."

Mrs. Nolan's eyes grew wide.

"He signed him out well over an hour ago. They're no longer on campus. Call 911, I'll notify the principal." She rushed off.

I jerked my phone out of my pocket and dialed. As soon as the operator answered I began to talk.

"My son has been kidnapped. His biological grandfather took him from school but we believe him to be an immediate threat to him. My son is Henry Swan and his kidnapper is Robert Gold. I'll be by the police station with more information soon." I said. The woman hastily thanked me and hung up. That was when Mrs. Nolan walked back up.

"We don't know how he was signed out. Only designated people on his list should be able to get him. But the principal will call a meeting right after school to make the staff aware that if they see Henry they're to take him to the police."

"Thank you. I'm going to the police station now." I had now gone from panicked to furious. This bastard took my son, I was ready to take him down.

Killian POV:

Emma drove hastily back to the police station while I called Milah.

"Hello?" She answered in a confused voice.

"Where the hell is your ex husband?" I demanded of her.

"I don't know. Why?" She asked.

"He took my girlfriend's son, your grandson. We just put in a protective order against him this morning, and he took Henry from school. We need to find him. Meet us at the police station now." I demanded.

"Um, okay." She stuttered a bit.

"Milah?" Emma asked in a flat voice.

"Aye. Don't worry, we'll find Henry. I have yet to see you fail." I grasped her hand. She kept her eyes forward, mind set on tracking down her son.

When we arrived at the police station she rushed in and asked to speak to the officer we had just seen. He was in the lobby in a minute or two and waved us back without question.

"So Henry is missing. I see we weren't wrong to think he was in danger. Let's get started. Can you give me anymore information on the suspect?" He asked with a pen and paper ready.

"He owns a pawn shop on Main Street. That's what I know. Aside from the fact that his ex wife cheated on him with Killian." Emma was hesitant to say the last part. The officer nodded and wrote everything down.

"We have his ex wife on the way. She can give us more information." I offered.

"Okay. What was Henry wearing this morning?" He asked Emma.

"Jeans, tennis shoes, a blue plaid button down shirt, a black jacket, and a red and gray scarf. He has brown hair, brown eyes, he's four feet and three inches. He weights 53 pounds. I'll email you as many pictures as you want right now." She said. She already had his email address from the card on his desk. At that moment, his phone rang. Milah was here.

"I'll be right there." He said into the receiver. "Perfect. You email them to me and I can get out an Amber Alert. Stay here, I'll be right back unless it's too awkward."

"I don't care, bring her in." Emma said. I knew that look, she was ready to use her built in lie detector to make sure Milah told us everything.

A minute later, Milah walked in with the officer and took the only empty seat, next to Emma. She looked down at her lap, clearly nervous.

"I need you to tell me everything you know about your ex husband please." The officer said, ready again with his pen and paper.

"He's about 5 feet or so, roughly 200 pounds. I know he drives an old Cadillac, I don't know the license plate number or the year of the car. Knowing him, he's probably not in his shop. His apartment is right above it and he keeps all his records up there. The man lives for keeping records of everything. He has a limp so he's in no shape for physical altercations. But he's very smart and knows how to find loopholes, be careful." She listed off what she knew. She looked at Emma for a second before he eyes dropped down again.

"Thank you." Emma suddenly said. Milah looked up in surprise.

"Is he like Neal?" The woman said in a sort of daze. "I haven't seen my son in years. Robert forced me to abandon him. I hate myself for it."

"He is. I'm sorry Neal died, but Henry is a lot like him." Emma said.

Milah nodded and smiled a little.

"Ma'am, can you write down your contact information in case we need to speak with you again?" The officer asked.

Milah hastily wrote everything down before seeing her way out. The officer turned to us.

"I know this is difficult, but know that we will find your son. Keep your eyes and ears open, and know that we will have patrol in your neighborhood 24/7 now." He stood up and shook our hands before we excused ourselves.

"Emma?" I cautiously asked her when we were out of the building.

"I don't care what it takes. I will track down this bastard and get my son back." She said through gritted teeth.