Chapter Thirteen.

I checked the clip in my gun...Full. But i wouldn't dare start picking off any of these walkers, where there are hundreds of them only yards away from me. I ducked down closer to the ground and took off running in the direction of the farm, hoping not to be seen this way....But after running for about five minutes I got cut off by a small pack of them. I quickly took my knife off of my hip and stabbed one, pulling my knife out and running in the opposite direction.

Where the heck were these walkers coming from...there were so many of them...The last time I saw this many of them together it was when I wandered into Atlanta earlier in the year. I was breathing heavily as I ran as fast as i could towards a direction of the farm where there weren't that many of them, but they were like popping out of the ground as fast as they appeared. I stopped for a second to catch my breath, and barely avoided a female walker that was directly in front of me. 

Soon enough I could see the barn was engulfed in flames, the flames retreating into the sky by at least twenty feet. Someone must have set it on fire in hopes of distracting the walkers. It was working for a lot of them, as most that were behind me changed direction, But a lot of them didn't care as they had a full course meal right in front of their drooling faces. 

There were five walkers hot on my tail, and I knew if I didn't take care of them soon I would die. I hesitated for a moment, but then took my pistol back out of its holster. I started running backwards, hoping and praying none of them would sneak up behind me. I aimed carefully at each of their heads, picking them off one by one. I could hear gunshots in the distance, and the rumbling of engines, and I was hoping that the group wouldn't forget me and leave me behind. 

After i took care of the five walkers that were following, one had snuck up on my side and taken me down to the ground. I was so in shock I didn't even fight back for a second. I yelled out knowing it was useless, but screamed anyway. I shoved the walker off of me with all the strength I had, and shoved my knife in its head, right between the eyes. I wiped some of the blood that spouted onto my face off of me and kept on running...

I ended up at the barn about ten minutes later, and I couldn't seen anyone around. I could see the green Hyundai that Shane drove, driving around the house..It didn't look like it was leaving which gave me hope they didn't forget about me. There were a few dozen walkers burning "Alive" inside of the inflamed barn. Many of them were busy banging on the side of the barn to even notice I was around them.

I heard someone screaming off to my left and I took off in that direction. I saw Carol backed against the stables trying to fight off a walker with a plank of wood. "Carol!" I shouted and sprinted in her direction. I shot the walker that was attacking her, and it fell down to the ground in front of her. I tried shooting a second one that had appeared on her right,but my gun clicked signifying I was out of ammo. "Shit....Carol run!" I yelled to her. She looked hesitant as I pulled an arrow out of my quiver and shot a walker that was chasing her. "GO!" I yelled motioning for her to run towards the house. She nodded and took off running as fast as her legs could take her.

I shot about four walkers with my bow, and realized i couldn't even make a dent before I ran out of arrows....i only had about five left, and I needed to make them count. I yelled as I felt my hair being pulled from behind and I fell backwards onto the ground, a walker growling in my ear trying to make me dinner. It had its mangy hand entangled in my hair, and it was completely stuck. I reached back with my knife and cut off my pony tail, freeing me from the walker. I then took the knife and stabbed it repeatedly in the skull.

I felt my now short hair fall just around the bottom of my head, tickling my neck. I cried and sunk to the ground as i realized that nobody was going to help me, I was going to die here torn apart by walkers. I didn't want to die this way, I didn't want to have my insides ripped apart painfully as I waited for the glory of death.