Chapter 8

My mind is jumbled after our weekend adventure and the last thing I want to do is go into work and act like everything's okay. I've spent nearly the entire weekend avoiding Zayn at all costs. He tried making it up to me and apologized way to many times to count, but he knows I was hurt. Zayn knows something and isn't telling me. He shouldn't be allowed to keep my life from me, so I have no clue why he keeps thinking apologizing will fix it. 

"Louis!" I'm in the gym trying to sort a few things before the day starts. I don't turn, assuming it's probably Zayn just trying to apologize again. I roll my eyes and continue to set up the equipment for first period. "Louis, I need to talk to you." I huff, knowing that he isn't giving up. I turn and stop in my tracks as I see Mr. Sheeran, aka the most annoying history teacher in the history of history teachers. 

"Don't call me Louis, it's Coach Tomlinson to you," I snap. I can't stand the guy. He always finds a way to criticize me and then pretends like we're friends. 

"Coach Tomlinson. Okay. Whatever. I would just like a word," He corrects. 

"Yeah unlike you I understand plain English, Fruit Loop. What is so important that you have to bother me on a Monday morning," I ask. I continue walking, but he catches up with me. 

"It's about your friend, Harry... sorry Mr. Styles," He sneers. I turn to him and glare. The smirk he wears makes me want to slap him across the face. "Now you're interested." 

"What do you want Fruit Loop?" 

"I need you to stay away from him. He asked you to stay away and yet you still go harass him, what kind of cruel person are you Tomlinson, I thought you care about him?" My eyebrows furrow as I try to process what he's talking about. 

"I haven't been near him since Friday. I've done my part. I have no clue what you're talking about, but I suggest you get the hell out of my gym," I snap. I turn again and start towards the locker rooms. I want to check that they're clean before they started letting students in the building.

"What are you going to do? Throw a ball at me? We're not in high school anymore, Louis." 

I stop and turn towards him. I'm beyond mad. My patience is already running dry after everything that went down this weekend. "Get the fuck out of my gym. Move your scrawny little ass out and go deal with your own dick-sized problems. I have my own life I have to deal with and it would be great if you could just take your large nose out of my business," I shout. I sigh loudly and continue walking, hoping my rant makes him leave.

"Oh look the baby has a little potty-mouth doesn't he? Well, I'll see you at the staff camp out this weekend, Tomlinson." I stop. 

"Staff camp out?" He folds his arms across his chest and smiles at me. 

"Oh, your boyfriend Zayn didn't tell you? Mr. Cowell put together a staff camp out so the staff members could get to know each other better," He explains. I flip him off and he smiles, turning towards the door and leaving. When I'm sure he's gone I start towards Zayn's room. 

~_~_~

"Zayn Javadd Malik you better answer this door," I yell, bring my fist to the door once again. I hear him groan as he cracks the door open, which is enough to tell me he's trying to hide something, and by something I mean someone, and by someone I'm sure that means Payne. 

"What," He complains. I grab the door and pry it from his grip, throwing it open. 

It's a typical art room. Desks take up a large portion of the room and cabinets cover the wall. A wall's covered with a clear tarp and street art's painted over it. A box of spray paint cans lay on the ground near the wall. Besides that, Zayn's desk is near the front of the room and it's covered with his art. I glance over the room and make awkward eye contact with Liam, who sits on one of the tables. 

Payne  squeaks, "Coach?" 

"Zayn, what staff camp out did you not tell me about," I ask. He rubs his face as he closes the door and takes a seat at one of the desks. 

"Mr. Cowell thought that the staff was still not exactly a team so he put together a staff camp out this weekend. Everyone without a real excuse has to go. I'm going," He explains. I feel like banging my head against the door. The last thing I want to do this weekend is be stuck with a bunch of co-workers. It's bad enough having to come everyday and see them and now they want to take up my weekend too? 

"When were we going to find out about this?"

"He sent an email out. Maybe if you actually checked your inbox you would've known," He suggests. I see Payne inch his way over to Zayn and sit in the seat next to him. 

"I'm not in the mood for your attitude. Fruit Loop came down to harass me about...um...you know," I sigh as I take the seat across from them. I'm tired of avoiding Zayn. I'm still mad at him for keeping the secret from me, but I can't stop talking to Zayn, he's my best friend. 

"Yeah, figured he was do something like that," Zayn grumbles. We sit in silence for a while before Payne speaks up. 

"Who's Fruit Loop?" Zayn wraps an arm around his neck and leans forward, playing a kiss right above his ear. 

"Mr. Sheeran, but you aren't allowed to call him that. Can't be having you getting in trouble before the big art show," Zayn reminds him. 

"Or the game," I add. 

"Well it's almost 7 so I probably need to sneak back downstairs before I get in trouble. See you at lunch," Payne sighs. Zayn stands and brings him into a hug. I  watch awkwardly as the couple exchange a few kisses before Zayn allows Payne to leave. 

"When were you going to tell me you were dating my star player," I snap. Zayn shrugs. 

"Same day you were going to clean your room," He snaps back. 

"So you never intended on telling me?" 

"I could lose my job, so not really."

~_~_~

Hey guys! Who's ready for the camp out? Who's on board with Ziam? Leave your suggestions in the comments! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed ~B