Chapter 14

It took a few weeks before I was completely comfortable being with Harry romantically again. We had dated for the continuation of the school year and it was coming on summer now. We had a few ups and downs throughout the last couple of months, but we had managed to keep out relationship strong and thriving. 

The camp out we had went on was in early October and it was now the end of May. We had been together nearly eight months now and I couldn't be happier. Everyday before school Harry would come in and we could hang out until the bell rang. 

"Move in with me," Harry blurts. 

We were both sitting on the floor, since there was no way we could both fit on my one rolling chair. My head was leaning on Harry's shoulder and we hadn't said anything until Harry had spoke. 

"What?" 

"Move in with me. I've been thinking about it a lot and I want to see you more than just at work. I want to see you all the time. I want you to be the first and last thing I see everyday. I'm not pressuring you or anything, I'm just suggesting," Harry sighs. 

I don't say anything. I was conflicted. The idea was tempting. We had been together for a while now and we were adults. The next step in our relationship would be moving in together or getting engaged and I know I wasn't ready to get married. However, I loved living with Zayn and I liked having my own space. 

"Give me some time to think about it and talk to Zayn," I answer. Harry pulls himself away from me and smiles. 

"We have all the time in the world," Harry replies. He leans down and presses a kiss to my' mouth. Even after eight months I loved kissing Harry. I still got butterflies every time our lips connected. I smile into the kiss before pulling away.

"Bell's about to ring. You better get to class before you're late, Haz," I whisper. Harry sighs loudly and stands. 

"You gonna get give me a late pass Coach," Harry asks innocently. I laugh loudly and roll my eyes. Harry kisses me quickly one last time before he leaves for class.

~_~_~

"Zayn?" I start. It was the afternoon and we were sitting eating dinner together. He looks up from his meal, his eyes looking a little darker brown than normal and there seemed to be a small red ring around his iris. 

"Yeah?" He asks, his tone nearly dead. Was now the best time to bring this up?

"I think I wanna move out," I say quietly. Zayn's eyes widen and his fork falls from his grasp. He stops and looks at me for a moment, as if he were still trying to process what I was saying. 

"Why? With who? When? What happened to me and you against the world," He asks, his questions flying at me from all directions. I place a hand in front of me, trying to tell him to remain calm. 

"Someone offered to me to move in with them and I think I might take it. I mean, I know this place is already paid off since it belonged to your mom and I don't know I think I just want to mix things up," I explain. 

"Who would you be living with," He asks. His voice is deathly quiet and I knew, I just knew, he would get pissed. 

"Harry," I sigh. Zayn slams his fists on the table and stands, throwing his fork in the sink and crumbling the paper plate in one hand. 

"I knew that god damn son of a bitch was going to try to pull this shit again," He shouts.

"What are you talking about," I ask. I don't move, knowing all to well not to get in between Zayn when he was upset. 

"He pulled this shit when you were dating in high school. It was the main reason I didn't tell you about him after the accident," He exclaims. My mouth drops. He kept it from me, purposefully? 

"Wait, you kept it from me on purpose," I mutter. I hear my voice drop as the tone of the conversation changes. He turns to face me. His eyes were huge and much more red than before, he looked down right terrified. 

"He...took you from me. Whenever I wanted to hang out with you, you would always say no and when you did want to hang out you either ignored me or talked about the bastard! You have to at least understand where I was coming from, Louis," Zayn protests. I cross my arms over my chest angrily. I felt tears threatening my eyes as I stand, not nearly as tall as Zayn. 

"What happened to telling each other everything? What happened to being best friends," I snap. Zayn lifts his shoulders and presses his lips tight together. 

"I don't know, Louis, what did happen to being best friends?" Zayn stomped out of the room after that. Leaving me sad and confused in the kitchen.

~_~_~

Later that night I went into the kitchen to get a snack. Looking out onto the patio I saw Zayn, with a cig in his hand. 

You see, Zayn was a heavy smoker in high school, but as soon as he got into college with me he had started getting off of it. It was a hard thing for him to do, going from a pack a day to maybe a pack a month. Now, he hardly ever smoked. In fact, that's how I knew things were really bad. Zayn only ever smoked now when things were so bad he didn't know where to turn to. 

Zayn liked being around things that were familiar, when he got upset or confused he would always turn to something familiar. Usually that would be me, but when we fought it was his cigs. Normally, nothing I could say would push him into smoking, so I was confused at his actions.

"Hey, what's wrong," I ask as I take a seat next to him outside. He lets out a long drag of his cig. He breaths in once before answering. He lets his head fall onto the chair and he doesn't answer for a while.

"Liam broke up with me this afternoon," He explains. I was shocked. Zayn and Liam were nearly connected at the hip. I hadn't known they were dating until this year, but Zayn had told me that they had been together before this year, towards the end of last school year. So, for Liam to break up with him was a pretty big thing. 

"What, why," I ask. Zayn takes in another breath before responding. 

"He said that there was a lot of heat on us and that he was scared I would get sent to jail. He's nearly graduated anyway, so I don't know what the problem is. He turns 18 in August which isn't that far away considering everything. I know he was just looking for a reason to break up with me." 

"How do you know that?" 

"Caught him and Niall Horan making out in the restroom across from my room," Zayn sighs. "Too bad for them, I gave them both detention for PDA," Zayn says. It took me a while to piece together the fact that Zayn never one for the PDA rule, he actually hated the rule and would never give someone detention for it, even if he didn't like the kid. 

It was than that I realized that something was really wrong with Zayn.