Chapter 10

"Look at everyone's smiling faces. It's great to have everyone out here today. I'm glad to see that so many of you came. I've created a list that's in alphabetical order, but I'm also making sure that you aren't going to be staying with someone that came from your school. So, your camping partner and seat partner on the bus is not going to be someone from the school you came from," Mr. Cowell, the principal, explains. 

There were a large group of teachers standing outside the school building. We had rented buses to take us to the camping site where we were going to be at for this weekend. Most of the teachers that came were either the losers with no life, the losers that were way to involved with the school, or the losers who had nothing to do (that loser would be me).

Zayn made me come saying that it would be 'a good chance to get to know everyone' and to 'pull myself out of my office and get social' neither of which I enjoyed. 

"Guess we can't be partners," Zayn sighs. He takes a step away from me to talk to some random guy I didn't know. 

I look around, trying to spot a familiar face as Mr. Cowell tries to get everything together. I see a mass of people, mostly around my age, who were all to excited to be spending a weekend in the wilderness with no wifi or working toilets. I shiver at the thought. 

"Hey Coach, didn't think of you really as the camping type." I turn and see one of my old teachers, Mr. McCray. He was an older man, probably in his forties or fifties now. He was my old science teacher. He was probably one of my favorite teachers over the years, because he actually took an interest in me as an individual and spent one-on-one time with me. 

"I'm not, Zayn pulled me out here. What about you? How's Betty," I ask. Betty, his wife, and him were both pretty active members of the community. Both of them were sweet and tolerable. 

"She said I should bond with my staff members, besides she had a baby shower on Saturday that I wanted to ditch anyway," He jokes.

"Oh, well tell her I said hi," I tell him. He nods as he weaves his way over to another member of staff. Just as I was about to take a seat Mr. Cowell gestures of our attention.

"Okay, so I'll start calling out partners. As I do, please line up and fill in at the back. Sorry if I'm sounding bossy, if I start getting unbearable just tell me," He starts. He goes down the list naming off teachers. I didn't know most of them. Which was kind of sad on my end, not like I cared anyway. I watch as Zayn gets on the bus with Mr. McCray.

"Harry Styles is with Louis Tomlinson," My head snaps up. Oh shit. I look around, trying to spot him before I end up sitting next to him on the bus.

I catch his gaze from across the crowd. His hair was pulled into a bun on the top of his head. He wore practically full camping gear and looked like he was about to go into war. He gulps as he makes his way towards me. I start towards the bus and enter, not waiting for him. I catch a seat in the middle and place my stuff on the ranks over me. I slide into the window seat just as Harry makes his way over to me. He mutters a small 'hello' as he takes the seat next to me.

"So, did you bring a tent," He asks. I look out the window, trying my best to ignore him. I find myself blushing, however, when our arms brush. 

"Louis, you can't just ignore me this whole time. It's not like I asked to be your partner or anything. It's my fault that our names are close together. If it makes you feel better I hate this just as much as you do," He grumbles. I try my best not to look at him and confess everything I felt, so instead I focus on the bald spot on Mr. Cowell's head. 

"I brought a tent. You can let Zayn borrow yours if you want," He says. I turn around in my seat as Mr. Cowell boards the bus and takes his spot in the front. The lucky little shit was going to have a tent all to himself. 

The ride there was mostly Harry trying to make conversation. I didn't understand him at all. One second he was begging for me to keep my distance. Now, he has the perfect opportunity to just shut the hell up and he doesn't. Why does he keep changing his mind?

I didn't want to come to terms with my feelings towards him, but damn, with his fingers brushing mine every second it made it hard not to grab his hand and hold it. I sigh and push my hand towards his, trying to be sly about it. I can feel his eyes burning wholes into my head, but I don't do anything. After a moment of him not moving I take it as a sign and move closer. I push my hand until it was nearly on top of his. He coughs awkwardly, probably trying to hint for me to move my hand, but I didn't intend on it. 

I keep looking at out the window as I slowly move my fingers in between his. I moved them until our hands were intertwined together. I turn my head to look at him, almost daring him to pull his away, but he only gives me a small smile and tucks a stray piece of hair behind his ear. 

We sat like that the rest of the way there. 

~_~_~

Hey guys. This is the beginning of the camping trip ;) Lots of things will be reveled soon. Thoughts? Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B