Heart Attack

Nat's POV

As soon as I said Kyle's name the chair Cade was sitting in broke. I looked at his face as he fell to the floor; if I had to describe the look on his face to other people, I think I would say it looked like he'd been stabbed. I saw blood coming from his hands, I started to get up to help him as his eyes shut; he hit the floor with a thud.

"Get a nurse quickly!" I looked up as Eli started to get cade onto his back. A felt tears coming back to my eyes. I was really emotional today.

"Is he okay?" a nurse had come in with a few other people and a bed. They cleared my family out as they helped Eli get him on the bed. I felt tired, I was just freaked out and wide awake a second ago. Maybe it was the drugs they had been giving me like crazy. I felt a pain in my chest, I turned onto my side and saw them hooking cade up to heart monitor. I barely heard Eli before I fell asleep.

"He can stay here. They won't hurt each other." I smiled for some reason as closed my eyes.

~Some time later when I woke up~

I heard a little voice. A girl I think. I opened my eyes to see four people walking out of the room. I turned onto my side to see cade; who was being slapped by a blonde girl.

"Wake up cade. You better not die. I will still need a ride to soccer on Monday." I laughed under my breath. Who was this girl? I saw cade open his eyes and he looked at her, he glared. "Good. You didn't die. Too bad, Uncle Adam said if you died I could have your room." A cousin I guess. She walked out of the room after the people that had left. He looked at me, right at me.

"Hi." I smiled. Best I could think of. He started to get up out of the bed, he stopped. I guess he didn't see the gauze on his hands. He looked at his hands, confused. "You got wood in your hands when you broke the chair." He nodded. I bit my lip, I was curious. "So... Can I ask you something?" he rolled onto his side, facing me.

"Sure."

"So who are you?" he immediately looked down towards his bed.

"It doesn't matter."

"Tell me."

"No." I wanted to know who he was, so I did what I used on Liam. I pouted.

"Pretty please cade." I shouldn't do this, I have a boyfriend. I'm not a slut. Bad Natalee.

"You'll be upset and hurt."

"I'll be okay."

"Okay... I'm your... Um..." He looked torn, and then his eyes got dark. "I'm your mate." He covered his mouth with his gauze covered hands, it was cute. Then my brain caught up to what he had said.

"You're my mate?" He nodded slowly. I am in trouble. I think. "Well... This is weird. And I told you about my boyfriend. But if I have mate, then I'm not with him anymore. Right?" He nodded again, he likes to nod I think. I was about to ask him I was confused, extremely; but was interrupted by a knock on the door. I closed my eyes. Opportunity lost. I was about to lay back down when I heard his voice and laugh.

"How you feeling chair killer?" Cade got up and walked to me. Kyle, he was here. To see me. "What?" I got up and walked as quickly as I could as gave him a hug. But he didn't hug me back. But we were in love. Right? Maybe friends?

"Why didn't you come see me? If you're still here that means we're still friends right?" My emotions were back again. He looked at me with his amazing eyes. I heard a growl.

"Nat we aren't together. Haven't been for months; about a year actually." A year? I felt tears again. Great. He wiped them away before they fell. "Hey it's okay. It was mutual. Sort of." He was lying. I could tell. Why would he lie to me? I could feel my heart shattering into a million pieces. My grip on him tightened a bit; I felt Cade's hand on me. I shook it off without even thinking. I let go of Kyle and walked to my bed and hid. I zoned out. I had pretty much just gotten dumped.