18

I gasped and took a step back, covering my mouth. So many thoughts rushed through my head. I was terrified and excited and anxious all at the same time.

"Look Hermione, I know we were forced into this but...after getting to know you and spending every waking moment thinking about you, I couldn't imagine a life without you. The truth is I've fallen for you. Everything you do has me wrapped around your finger.

"I love the way you make me a sleep drought potion every single night without even asking me. I love the way you twist your hair when you're nervous. I love that you're so competitive and compassionate in everything you do. I love that you care so much about house elves, that you created an entire organization dedicated to helping them. I even love how you nag me about recklessly spending my money. I love you. So much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, forced to or not.

"You have made me so unbelievably happy the past few months. So, Hermione Jean Granger, member of the Golden Trio, Gryffindor Princess, would you do me the honor of being my wife." He opened up the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

I felt like I was going to melt. Tears were streaming down my face but I don't even remember when I started crying. It took me a minute to find my voice but once I did, I dropped to my knees and wrapped my arms around Draco as tight as I could.

"Yes! Yes! Of course, yes! I love you too." I pressed my lips to his while smiling. He slipped the ring on my finger and I admired it for a minute.

We both stood up and walked out of the shed and I was met with another surprise. Outside standing in front of me were all of my favorite teachers, every 7th year Gryffindor, Luna, and even both of our parents. The first to approach me was McGonagall. She gave me a smile and a small hug before muttering congratulations and stepping back. One by one, all of my friends and parents did the same thing.

When it got to Narcissa she gave me a tight squeeze and whispered in my ear.

"That was my ring you know? Welcome to the family, Hermione." I wiped the tears out of my eyes and looked at everyone around me. I couldn't believe what was happening. How did he even make this happen? I gave him a small peck on the cheek.

"All right everyone! Listen up! You may all stay and celebrate the engagement, but I want all students back in their dorm, all teachers back in their rooms, and all parents back home by midnight. You may all be adults now but this is still a school."

Professor Flitwick summoned a snack table with some drinks and we all sat around talking about wedding plans and drinking.

The teachers didn't stick around for too long. Most headed back within an hour. Someone had started playing music from cheesy romantic movies. Midnight was getting close and everyone had said their goodbyes. Now the only people left were Draco and I.

Without saying a word, he wrapped his hands around my waist and we began dancing to the soft music in the background. We stayed like that for about 5 minutes. I pulled away and told him it was time to go.

I cleared the table and shrank it to make it portable. I wasn't really sure what to do with it so I stuffed it in the broom closet. Draco stopped the music and blew out all the candles. I grabbed his hand and we walked back to the castle together.