~CHAPTER 6~

Glow felt a prodding in her side and awoke to see Evenstar gazing at her informatively. "Hey, wake up. I have some information for you both." He whispered, trying not to wake them too quickly. A lot more considerate than Kite in the mornings, at least. She pulled herself out of Frigga's wing and stood up. Frigga began to stir, and stood tall, almost with urgency.

       "Ugh, how early is it, Evenstar?" She asked groggily. Evenstar pointed outside the cave towards the warm orange light creeping over the horizon.

       "It's dawn." He answered in his matter-of-fact tone.

       "Where are Kite and Corona?" Frigga asked him.

       "They're still stationed at their posts. Kite is by the sky-hole, and Corona is by the waterfall waiting for Clay and Tsunami to emerge." He answered. Glow looked at him in confusion.

       "Clay and Tsunami?" Glow asked, her memory foggy.

       "Okay, I have a status report. Do you want the short version or the long version?" He offered.

       "How urgent is the situation currently?" Frigga asked. Evenstar merely shrugged.

       "Not an emergency yet, but pretty urgent." He answered his IceWing mentor.

       "Short version." Glow answered without a second thought. Evenstar took a deep breath and sat down.

       "Alright, first of all, the guardians are planning to kill Glory in her sleep by breaking her neck, specifically Kestrel, the SkyWing. The dragonets formed an escape plan which involved Glory using her RainWing camouflage to hide until Clay swims through the cave river to the outside world to open the cave from the outside.

       "RainWings can do that?!" Glow asked, amazed. Evenstar nodded. "Wow, I never knew that!"

       "Neither did she. " The NightWing agreed. "Anyways, Starflight and Sunny are planning to use a signal fire out of one of the holes we were watching them through to lead Clay back to them. They both then used their fire to melt Tsunami free so that she could follow Clay and stay with him." He explained. Glow looked at him worriedly.

       "Any signal of the guardians suspecting anything? Any sign of Clay and Tsunami?" Frigga asked.

       "Not since I last checked. Corona and Kite will return to us once there's an important update." He responded. Glow let out a sigh of relief. Phew, things are going smoothly. I hope Sunny's doing okay. Evenstar looked at her with suspicion, as if he knew what was going on. "You know what you're feeling for Sunny is just a crush, right?" He asked straightforward. Glow jumped back, her voice cracking with embarrassment.

       "Pfffffft, crush? What crush? I don't have a crush! You have a crush! Shut up! It's not like she's cuteorprettyorsuperduperniceoranything..." Glow blubbered out. She looked out of the corner of her eye to see Frigga and Evenstar looking at her skeptically. I hate it when he knows things! He always manages to read me like an open scroll! "Heh heh heh..." She laughed nervously.

       "My young SkyWing, it's perfectly normal to feel certain things for certain dragons. I'm sure that this Sunny is a lovely dragonet, but as long as you understand that love at first sight doesn't exist and it's merely an infatuation based on appearances, that is." Frigga lectured. Wow, that's oddly specific and a really effective way to boil down the butterflies in my stomach trying to kill me. She thought sarcastically.

       "What she means is; don't expect anything to happen or for it to go anywhere. If it does, great! If it doesn't, that's okay too." Evenstar added. Glow simply groaned and rolled her eyes at the both of them.