~EPILOGUE~

The desert landscape was vast and massive. Its majesty and grandeur was truly something to behold for an outsider. However, the SandWings of Burn's Stronghold are not outsiders, and thus, don't care. The only reason they'd care is that their land's ownership is divided between three parties; Burn, Blister, and Blaze.

       Burn wanted to make sure that this land was going to be hers and that she was going to become the queen of the SandWings, instead of her sinister sister Blister, and her useless ditz of a sister, Blaze. Being in control of the stronghold was definitely a way to increase your chances of winning a war for your throne.

       That future queen was now in a chamber, sitting quietly in front of a painting of another SandWing. She looked stoic and regal, fitting for the shrine of Queen Oasis. Burn paid no attention to her top guard standing behind her. The dragon behind her said nothing. She didn't want to interrupt her queen's mourning. The top guard was promised by her queen that she would be queen after her, seeing as Burn had no interest in having dragonets, and her adopted daughter was the most loyal dragon in her stronghold and entire army.

       That dragon was yearning for the day that she would help her future queen rule it. When Burn took her in, she vowed that she would help her secure her throne. In her mind, Burn was the ideal queen and more than fit for her throne. Much better than her idiot sister Blaze and her conniving sister Blister. Someday, this land will be mine. Queen Burn promised me that I would inherit it after her. Top of the guard and top assassin, the instant Burn offered her a chance and a place to live; she immediately rose in the ranks. She often got jealous or dirty looks from the others, but she didn't care. Queen Burn thought of her as a daughter and promised her the throne. But before Burn's demise, she would likely be promoted to General of the Army, or even advisor. If such a noble, ruthless, and worthy dragon as that trusted her to rule in her absence, it had to be true.

       Her ruddy curved crests curled around the moonlight like an owl catching its prey. The orange spots along her ruddy scales and wings stood out. She waited patiently for Queen Burn to finish her vigil for her mother until she turned around and saw her heir standing in the doorway. "Tarantula." She said. "How long were standing there?" She asked quietly.

       "Not long." She responded. "I wanted to wait for you to be finished out of respect for both you and Queen Oasis." She explained.

       Burn nodded and turned to leave the room. "Follow me." She said firmly, her stately voice resounding around the room. When she opened the door, she was met with Smolder, the only living prince of the Kingdom of Sand. Behind him was a group of soldiers with the SkyWing Queen in chains. The right side of her face looked like it was melted off. Her yellow eye was horrifically exposed. Then again, I've seen worse from Her Majesty's prize collection.

       "Smolder." Burn addressed, contempt edging her tone.

       Tarantula gave him a respectful bow. "Your Majesty." He said right back. Tarantula knew how Burn disliked him, likely due to his resemblance to Blister, but he was calm and agreeable. He made good company.

       The large, regal, scarred SandWing gestured toward the SkyWing. "Throw her in a cell." She commanded the guards. "And keep a close eye on her."

       "Yes, Your Majesty." They saluted her as they hauled the thrashing deformed SkyWing queen into a cell in the collection room. Burn turned to face the holder of her fortress and dismissed everyone else.

       As soon as they left, Burn's features became affectionate. At least, as affectionate as the ruthless SandWing could muster. "Anything to report, lieutenant general?" She said, dipping her head.