~CHAPTER 10~

Glow packed her things, making sure that Vermilion had kept Kite hidden from Cinnabar as she and Umbalite put the tent back together. She had made a decent profit today, and it was a good first day in the Sky Kingdom. She found it rather nice and relaxing to actually do business with other SkyWings and some MudWings too. She and Kite sold about seventy gold, six hundred silver, and sixty copper pieces worth of merchandise and weapons. Glow was finally relaxed for the first time this week.

       Although she didn't want the day to end, the sun nearly swallowed by the black horizon told her that it was time to head back to the palace. Umbalite was very kind in registering the White Capes into their merchant records as an official brand of sorts. While the White Capes were very well known across Pyrrhia, they weren't an official group, except in the Mud Kingdom and the Kingdom of Sand. It was good to expand their monopoly and their posts.

       "So, you're staying in the palace, Glow?" Umbalite asked nervously. She fiddled with her amethyst earrings and looked away timidly. "Wow...that's quite an honour for guests. I guess Queen Scarlet knows your leader well." She continued. Glow smiled as they walked along the streets. Sure, they could have flown, but Glow wanted to really absorb the architecture from ground level and took the scenic route.

       "Well, Frigga's done business with Queen Scarlet before, but I suppose she's never sold to the citizens of the city while in its borders." Glow answered. Umbalite and Vermilion contemplated while Kite yawned. The small yellow-orange SkyWing's eyes drooped and his tail was dragging along. He looked very tired, like he would collapse at any minute.

       "G-guuuuuuys...How long b-before...we...get hoooooome...?" He stammered out before falling down. Glow was quick enough to catch him before he hit his head on the stone street. She pulled him up onto her back, chuckling.

       "Alright, big guy." Glow joked. "You can snooze on my back while we walk. Is that alright with you, Kite?" She asked inquisitively. Kite had a dopey smile on his face that accompanied his droopy eyes. He nodded drowsily and let out a small squeaky yawn before resting his head in Glow's bags. Vermilion looked concerned.

       "Are you sure you don't want me to carry your bags, Glow?" He asked worriedly. Glow merely scoffed at him. This was the third time he'd asked this.

       "No, I'm fine, really. I've carried way heavier things than this before." She paused. "Though, I appreciate your concern, Vermilion. Thank you." Vermilion still looked unconvinced, but he didn't press any further. Umbalite started to fall behind, and when Glow noticed, she stopped to see her lingering in the middle of the street. Glow padded back down to meet her, concern twisting in her mind.

       "Is something wrong, Umbalite?" She asked softly. The magenta SkyWing lifted her head up to meet her gaze.

       "No no, I just...I think I should be heading back now. Queen Scarlet wouldn't want a, uh..." She paused. Vermilion looked crestfallen. A Gypsy near the palace. Glow was sort of glad she didn't finish that sentence. Vermilion stepped toward her and wrapped his wings around her in a hug.

       "It's alright. You should go home, though. You wouldn't want to worry your family, right?" He said, trying to reassure her. She smiled back at him, holding his talons. Glow's heart ached. She looked back up at the shadowy palace above her. It's a shame Scarlet doesn't approve of her. Umbalite pressed her snout under his chin and then ran back towards the plaza.

       Vermilion took a position right next to her as they walked towards the palace. Glow wanted to know how close he really was with Umbalite. "So, do you know her family at all?" She asked curiously, looking at his handsome red figure with anticipation.