~CHAPTER 25~

Glow stood there, Frigga's ice blue eyes widened in shock and disbelief. Many moments passed, Corona looked at Glow with almost the exact same expression. Evenstar, however, looked pleased, as if he were relieved that for once, something good happened. Even Kite awoke as if he were listening to the whole conversation.

       Frigga's mutter was barely audible. "Alive...?" She said, as if she thought she was dreaming.

       Glow nodded. "Yes, she's in the prison tower next to Clay. She's alive, and she told me to tell you that she loves you." Frigga's eyes glittered. Glow wasn't certain if what she just did was helping her or hindering her mental state after everything that happened, but she sensed a hope and a light that Glow had not seen in her master for a little while.

       Moments passed before anyone spoke again. "What about my brother...? Is North still alive?" Frigga asked hopefully.

       Glow felt her heart sink. She lowered her head and shook it. "No. I'm afraid he died a long time ago." She answered.

       Frigga's lip quivered. She took a deep breath and sighed. The IceWing crumpled to the floor, her head drooping. She glanced up at her SkyWing apprentice, looking pitiful and pathetic. "I want to see her." She muttered.

       Glow shook her head and stepped back, not wanting to think about the dangers she would be in if she were caught. "B-but, if you get caught, we might not make it out of here. I can't risk –"

       "Please, Glow!" Frigga interrupted, tears twinkling at the corners of her hopeful and begging eyes. "I haven't seen her in at least ten years. I've long thought her to be dead, and she's the only part of my family I know for certain I still have at this point." She pleaded. Glow's heart tugged painfully, still not used to this kind of vulnerability from her master. "Please, Glow. I just need to see her again, one last time. Can't you allow me that?"

       A tear rolled down her chilling cheek so smoothly, it was almost as if it were accustomed to the path it was sliding. Glow glanced at the others and was surprised to see them all wearing the same expression. Corona and Evenstar's more subdued and Kite's obviously pleading. He didn't need to ask what they were talking about earlier to understand what was happening. It was as if she could hear them all say let her do it; she's suffered enough hasn't she?

       Glow bowed her head to her master. "Alright. I'll let you see her during the trial tomorrow." Frigga's eyes lit up, a new hope flooding into them. She clung onto Glow, her cold scales chilling the rest of Glow's body.

       "Thank you, Glow. My SkyWing of destiny. Thank you..." She wept.

       Glow untangled herself from Frigga's serrated talons. "Just let me find out when the trial is tomorrow, and I'll let you know so we can figure out a plan." She said. Glow slid out of their dorm to try and find someone, hopefully Vermilion, to get the information she needed. Instead, she found a red SkyWing seemingly wandering aimlessly around the throne-room.

       Glow approached the SkyWing and soon recognized her as the SkyWing princess, Ruby. The ruby earring she wore glimmered in the torch-light. Ruby's elegant snout lifted in recognition. "Oh, well hello. You're Glow, aren't you? One of the guests we've been hosting for the past couple days?" She asked.

       Glow nodded. "Yep, that's me. What are you doing out this late at night?" She asked.

       Ruby scoffed. "I could ask you the same thing, SkyWing."

       Glow laughed nervously, hoping that Ruby wasn't referring to her nightly ventures with Clay and Peril. "Well, I actually just left my dorm to ask someone when the trial was tomorrow, and I bumped into you." She admitted.