~CHAPTER 20~

Glow lifted her head from her rather uncomfortable sleep. She shifted in her awakening, but soon found that there was a source of heat embraced in her arms. She looked down at her SandWing companion curled up comfortably in Glow's massive wings, her breathing steady and focused. Aw, she was lonely. Glow smiled and nuzzled the top of her head. She heard the sounds of a dragon swearing and got up, letting out a large yawn. She looked around the room. "Ugh, what time is it?" Glow asked groggily.

       "It's time to shut your trap and have a look." Corona and Glow whipped their heads towards the doorway in response to the sound. They were shocked to find that it was Kite, sporting an uncharacteristically serious expression on his small face. Needless to say, Glow and Corona got up and peered out the doorway. Glow recognized Tsunami's snarls and cobalt blue scales. A horde of SkyWing guards were dragging her into the throne room, supervised by Cinnabar. Kite shrunk backwards into the room. "You two go deal with it. This is your job to handle, Glow, and I'd feel better if you had Corona with you. Me and Evenstar will stay here and take care of Frigga." Kite ordered, sounding not like himself. It threw Glow off, but before she could protest, Evenstar peered out of the corner from Frigga's drooping wings.

       "Listen to him. This is your responsibility and your place to intervene – we can handle ourselves here." He pressured.

       Kite shook his head. "No. You go too, Evenstar. They'll need you." Kite suggested. Evenstar looked skeptically worried.

       "Are you sure? Are you feeling okay?" Evenstar asked, his eyes carefully scanning his companion.

       "Yeah...surprisingly. But Frigga's not well enough to watch another arena match, so please go with them and then tell her what happens afterwards." Kite retorted. Evenstar still looked uneasy, but Kite put his tail around the little NightWing's shoulders. 

       Evenstar shook his head. "I can't just leave her!" He cried. "I know you can take care of her and I trust you, but two dragons with her is better than one." He reasoned.

       Frigga lifted her head gloomily, much to the shock of everyone in the room. "No, Evenstar." Frigga's drowsy voice quietly echoed from her pale body. "Please listen to Kite. He speaks with sense. The others need you more than I – I'll be alright." She murmured. Glow felt a skip in her heartbeat at the sound of Frigga's voice.

       "Master, are you alright?" Glow asked quickly. Frigga sighed.

       "A little better, but not by much. The young ones did well tending to me, but I still grieve yet." She paused, looking rather disappointed. "I'll need much more time to heal." Frigga whispered sadly.

       Corona dipped her head. "We understand, Frigga. We'll take care of everything." She reassured.

       Frigga tilted her head toward the SandWing. Her cheeks were stained with her tears and her ice blue eyes were dark with depression. "I know you will." She muttered before she flopped her head back onto the stone floor. "I trust you." She muttered again.

       Corona nodded. "Thank you. Get your rest and take care of yourself. We'll be back soon." She promised. Glow nodded at Corona and Evenstar and led them out into the throne room. Once she stepped into the light, she saw the marble tree with Glory relaxing peacefully on it. Her scales were dark gold with flushes of navy-blue and teardrops of crimson. There were two of the SkyWing guards standing between the tree and Clay, who was bowing to Queen Scarlet along with Starflight. Starflight eyed Evenstar curiously, to which Evenstar curtly nodded.

       "Ah, our guests have awakened. And just in time to see our most prized prisoners, too." Scarlet said, waving a talon at the dragonets before her. The SkyWings bringing Tsunami in suddenly jumped back. They were covered in fresh cuts and bites, obviously the furious SeaWing's work. Tsunami looked over at Glow and her friends in a both suspicious and curious expression. "Well, hello. We've been waiting for you." Scarlet mocked. "I gather you're enjoying your stay?" Scarlet asked, looking amused.