~CHAPTER 15~

Glow was waiting patiently. Often when she was bored or wanted to pass the time quicker, she closed her eyes and listened attentively to try and paint a picture of her surroundings. It was calming, and it made the hour go by much quicker. She was interrupted by the inquisitive Thermal tugging her wing. Vermilion and Gust were looking at her expectantly. "So, where are you from?" She asked directly.

       Glow wasn't really all that prepared for that kind of direct question in that moment. "Pardon?" She asked tentatively.

       "What's your story? Who are you?" She asked persistently.

       Glow peered at her curious companions. She wondered about how exactly to answer them. How much information would be too much? Would they believe her? As if she were answering her very thoughts, Gust reassured her. "Don't worry too much. Dragons like us are naturals at keeping secrets." She looked down solemnly. "We...kind of have to in order to survive, anyways." She finished glumly.

       Glow remembered Umbalite's encounter with Cinnabar in the plaza a day ago and frowned similarly. She looked over at Corona who was fumbling away with her talons with Falcon. Corona turned over to her and nodded, which Glow appreciated, considering that Corona wasn't one to trust easily.

       Glow took a deep breath and looked at them sternly. "My name is Glow. I'm an apprentice to Frigga the IceWing, the leader of the White Capes." She started. "She rescued my egg from the talons of Burn and raised me herself along with my friends." Watching the shocked expressions on the SkyWings' faces was rather entertaining for Glow. She paused, really thinking about whether it was a good idea to tell them the full truth. Knowing that her egg was rescued from Burn might already be a dead giveaway. Then again, it's also very likely that I'm not the only helpless egg or dragonet she's murdered. She thought with a venomous twinge of broiling hatred. She looked at the expectant faces of the curious dragons before her, dragons that were impacted by the war and by the tyranny of their queen, and decided that if anyone in this kingdom should know the truth, it was them. I can trust them. I should trust them. "I'm the SkyWing dragonet of destiny." She finally stated.

       An audible gasp was heard from Thermal while Gust simply looked shocked. Vermilion's expression was mixed and very difficult to read. "Wow! Really?! So, you're going to like, save the world?" Thermal asked excitedly.

       Gust dipped her head respectively. "Talk of the Dragonet Prophecy is prohibited on Burn's orders in these parts, but our family has always had hope." Glow shrugged shyly, not really certain how to answer. Vermilion continued to say nothing and Glow was beginning to feel uncomfortable with his silence. Silently kicking herself for forgetting that Vermilion was the queen's son, she immediately regretted her decision.

       "Well, congratulations! Any dragonet of destiny is welcome in our home!" Thermal excitedly bumbled.

       Glow was hesitant. This dragon is WAY too trusting at first glance! I mean, she's really nice and friendly, but she'll get herself killed one day. "Aren't you at least a little suspicious?" Glow asked.

       Thermal looked rather concerned. "Why? Should we?" She asked.

       Gust pushed in front of her. "That all depends." She stated flatly.

       Glow straightened her neck straight. "I was born six years ago on the brightest night. It was a stormy night and Burn killed an IceWing Talon of Peace and threw my egg off the mountain." She answered. "He was Frigga's brother, Hvitur."

       Vermilion joined, though didn't even glance at her. "How did you survive?" He seemed distant and detached.

       Nevertheless, Glow answered. "Frigga caught my egg and rescued me. She brought me home and raised me with her two first apprentices, Whitecap and Willow." She turned and addressed Corona. "She joined us soon after. We found her in the Scorpion Den." She introduced. Corona ducked her head and continued her sign conversation with Falcon.