Vampire Hunters

"Hi honey," she breathed and smiled, showing off the fangs that indeed proved she was a vampire. I shivered, backed even further into the headboard and clutched a pillow in front of me.

"No......"

"Hi princess." He smiled as well and I shook my head as his teeth flashed.

"You can't be....."

They both sighed and she took a step forward. She didn't even get any further since Dimitri's hand shot out and grabbed her. For once, I was happy with him being in the same room as I was. For once.....

"How's Alice?"

My eyes snapped back to her and I gave her a glare. "I wouldn't know." Why would she care anyways?

They both flinched at my tone and she shook her head. "I mean..... How is she doing? Or was.... I mean before-"

I held up a hand, cutting her off and she just closed her mouth. If this was like any other NORMAL situation and no vampires or other mythical creatures existed, she would have probably slapped that hand down and scolded me for even doing it. I was momentarily surprised she even stopped talking, but I quickly shook my head and gave them a neutral expression.

"How do you think she is?" My voice was harsh and deep and they both looked away. Yes they were my parents and I should probably be speaking to them in a nicer tone, but they lied to us. Sort of. Well they made us think they were dead when in fact they were alive -sort of again. Both Alice and I had to grieve over two empty tomb stones while they went around, sucking blood and kidnapping children.

What kind of parents would even do that?

"Lila, I know what we did was wrong, but trust us! We did it for your own good."

I stood up from the bed, tripping over something as my hands balled into fists besides me. "So you faked your own death and made your 17 year old daughter be a mother to her younger sister? How is that for my own good?"

My dad ran a hand through his short hair as he took a deep breath. "There is a lot you don't know about us. About your ancestors."

"Well we can start with the family chat right about yesterday!" I snapped. I heard Quinn groan behind me and I quickly lowered down the volume on my voice. I completely forgot she was in the room with us. "We should probably talk somewhere else. Quinn needs her-"

"No. She will be fine. She's a deep sleeper."

I shortly nodded at Dimitri who still stood behind my parents and he gave me a small smile. I quickly looked away and motioned to the small four person table in the room. They both sat together and across from me while Dimitri grabbed the other chair and planted it besides me. I groaned and scooted even closer to the wall as he just grinned and crossed his arms as he relaxed.

"Alright. So start talking."

They both sighed and stared at each other. When she nodded, my dad sighed again and then blurted out something I would have never imagined him to say.

"We're hunters."

*

*

*

*

4 days. It's been 4 days and 22.....23 minutes since I have seen Lila. I didn't know what had happened to her until Mags dragged both Tommy and I out of her secret closet. I could hear multiple wolves howling, but I had no idea what was going on.

Until I ran into a mad Alex.

Mad didn't even show how he was feeling. He was...... Enraged and when he saw me, I saw him stiffen and then relax a tiny bit.