Home at Last

I'm alive! Put away the missing posters and fliers and please accept my apology. The authors note below explains why I've been absent. Thank you!!! 😁

Alex took all the extra precaution on taking me back home. After my small incident of running out the door by myself, he ended up playing as the role of my shadow. And if he had to go somewhere, he would just drag me with him, even if I was feeding Eveline.

"Ready to go home?" He asked me once we were all secured on a nearby forest. I nodded quickly and he gave me a long kiss before he slowly shifted. Once he was in wolf form, Max licked my whole face and then crouched down to his belly so I could climb up on him.

"Is Eveline secured?" I called out to Quinn, who was a few wolves away from me. Even though she could run pretty fast -well faster than a human- she didn't have the same endurance as a wolf. So Daniel suggested -no demanded- for her to ride on his back and she had volunteered to carry Eveline for me in the homemade pouch; her hands would be free so she could hold on to Daniel, but her chest would be bloated with a baby pressed to her.

"Yes. She should be good for the next few hours, but we do have to stop to feed and change her."

"Heard that Max?" I asked him and his ears twitched in response. I kissed his head, stretched all across his back so I was basically laying down on him and then sighed in content. "Let's go home."

With multiple howls, I felt him start off to a trot and then start to pick up speed. I could feel he was holding back, and when I peeked up, I saw why. He was basically surrounded by different colored wolves as they all ran straight around the trees. Daniel was feet behind him with a grinning Quinn, but he was secured in the middle as well.

"Enjoying it?" I called out to her. My voice quivered with each step that Max took, so it basically sounded like 'en' step 'joy' step 'ing' step 'it?' step. She heard me though as her big brown eyes turned to look at me.

"Heck yeah. Beats self-running anytime!" She carefully bended so she could kiss Killians fur and he responded with a short howl. I laughed, laid down again and closed my eyes. So soft..... So comfortable..... So safe.

I felt something wet repeatedly touching my arm and I quickly sat up with a gasp. I saw half naked men surrounding me and I had to blink multiplied times to remember where I was at.

"We are resting. You hungry?" Quinn's voice echoed from behind me and I turned to see her propped up by Killian as she fed Eveline. I quickly got off of Max, groaned when my body protested and then stretched as I felt familiar arms surrounding me.

"Come on. You need to eat."

After everyone was fed from one of the two bags of food we had brought, we walked for a few minutes -since my body was till sore from before- and then everyone shifted. We only paused two more times to feed and change Eveline and when I was basically seconds away from slipping off of Max did we stop and rest for the day.

This same routine went on for another whole day. By the third day that we were on the road, I was cranky and refused to get on Max any more.

"Why won't you ride on Max?" Alex argued as I stood there, my arms crossed and not looking at him even though he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"I am tired of riding on a wolfs back. I love you Max, but I can't keep on going on your back.... Or anyone else's. Isn't there like a car or something?" He shook his head and I groaned. "Then how much longer until we get there?"

"About four hours if we go now. Ten if you really want to stop and ride on a car."

I groaned again and then huffed. "Fine. But you owe me a massage once we get back there." He nodded and I added, "And a foot rub."