Chapter 27

JUSTIN'S POINT OF VIEW

scooter is letting me cut rehearsals short today to go and see Barbara. Honestly i'm worried about her, the way she was crying the other day broke my heart she never reacts like that and honestly she never really opened up about her father much before and now i understand everything. it is hard for me to understand what she is going through i mean yeah i don't see my dad often but he is still with us and i do have the opportunity to see him but she doesn't, that opportunity has been taken away from her and i can't even begin to imagine how that must feel. when she was crying in my arms she seemed so vulnerable and scared and honestly i didn't know what to do.

I text Barbara earlier this morning telling her i will be with her but she hasn't replied which is only making me more and more worried because she always replies and i know that by now she must be awake and would have read it. the fact that she is in that massive house alone scares me anything could happen to her and nobody would know. with all this thoughts flying around in my head i forgot we were at the studio 'Justin can i speak to you for a minute?' Scooter asked me pulling my attention away from my previous thoughts 'er yeah' i said walking over to him.

scooter patted my shoulder as we walked out of the dance studio and down the hall 'what's up?' i asked 'i think i should be asking you that' he said raising an eyebrow at me 'what do you mean?' i asked a little confused although i could make out where he was coming from 'you're not focused, what's up?' he asked me in a fatherly tone, i sighed not knowing whether i should tell him everything because i don't know if Barbara would want anyone to know but then again i can trust Scooter with my life and he would never tell anyone 'it's Barbara' i mumbled he let out a groan 'oh god you arguing?' he said dropping his head backwards 'no! it's just today is the day that her dad died' i said quietly Scooter just stayed silently 'shit' he said above a whisper and i nodded in agreement looking down 'yeah but her mum and brother have gone on holiday and left her' i said 'without her?' Scooter asked as if he couldn't quite believe it 'yeah something about not having time off work but like the other day when i saw her she was like in tears and tears and she didn't stop crying for like hours and i'm worried about her' i said i don't think i have realized until know how protective over Barbara i actually am 'she'll be fine' scooter assured me and as much as i wanted to believe it i just couldn't i had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach telling me something wasn't right 'i don't know man you should have seen her' i said bouncing my leg up and down to try and relax me but all i could think about was Barbara and making sure she was okay 'just a few more hours kid don't worry everything will be okay just.. call her?' he said 'I've tried but it just rings to answer machine' i told him getting back up to walk back into the studio not wanting to carry on the conversation knowing my mind will just always think of the worst possible.

after what seemed like years of dancing my ass off trying to focus i was finally allowed to leave and even though Scooter wasn't happy with me i didn't care i had other things on my mind like making sure Barbara was okay.

Barbara's POINT OF VIEW

as soon as i parked my car in the driveway i burst out into tears, i was angry.. angry at myself for no apparent reason. this year it has hit me hard the fact i will never get to see him again. i cried so hard that my stomach began to ache from straining in so much but some how i couldn't stop the tears from aggressively falling down my face.

i could hear the flashes of camera's outside my house as more and more paparazzi arrived outside my house clearly wanting to know why i was crying and no doubt they would find a way to blame Justin for my tears. i climbed out the car and walked over to them, my mind wasn't thinking but my body was just doing whatever it felt like and before i knew it words were spilling out of my mouth 'please can you leave my house' i said firmly still using my manners and still crying, they just all ignored me and flashed camera's into my face they all pushed and shoved trying to get near me until one of then fell into me and hit me on the head with their camera 'OUCH!' i yelled at them getting angrier and angrier 'leave me the fuck alone' i snapped at them that only caused them to take more and more pictures of me meaning more and more flashed which only increased the head ache i had no gained from being hit in the head with a camera.