Chapter 12

Alexis POV

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around the room. My head throbbed and my muscles ached. I sat up slowly and looked around. It looked as if I was in hospital. A mumbling sound came from the other side of the room. I turned to see Daniel sitting on an uncomfortable looking, plastic chair. He was slumped down and his head hung low. "Daniel..." I whispered.

He jerked awake and rubbed his eyes. He obviously still hasn't noticed me. "Daniel..." I whispered once more. His head shot up and his eyes widened. He jumped up from his seat and ran to my side. "Hey baby, you feeling okay? Do you need anything? Water? Pillows? Food?" My stomach growled at the mention of food and I blushed. Stupid stomach, get your hunger under control!

"I guess you're hungry, then?" He asked smiling at me. I nodded my head. "Starving" He smiled and left the room. I had a little look around the room, wondering how I got here. Was I in a car accident? Maybe. But who was driving? I don't remember driving a car. Was there any other injured people? Did someone die? Oh no, I hope not.

Daniel walked back in through the door holding a tray with a small chocolate milk and a bowl of, what looks like, spaghetti. "Here. Eat up" He placed the tray on my lap and pulled a chair up beside me. I happily dug into the food, while Daniel watched in silence. "So how did I end up in here?" I asked between chewing.

He frowned. "You don't remember?" He asked. I shook my head. An emotion flashed across his face then disappeared. "You tripped and hit your head" He said looking at the wall across the room. "Where?" I asked, instinctively putting a hand to my head. "My house" he said looking up at me. "What was I doing at your house?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and stared at his hands. "You...wanted to come over...to see me" He said hesitating. "Oh, okay" I gulped down the last of my chocolate milk and he sighed in relief. "But why am I wrapped in bandages? This half of my body feels numb" I said poking at my side. I winced when it started to sting.

"Well...you fell...down the stairs" He said not looking at me. I guess he wasn't too comfortable with the subject. "Will I be okay?" I asked, putting the now empty tray on the small table beside the bed. He smiled at me. "Of course you will. It will take a few days for you to fully heal. The doctor said they have to keep you here for the rest of the weekend. But on Monday, you can go home" He said brightly.

"Great" I grinned back at him. "But what am I suppose to do? Can I colour in?" I asked excitedly. "I think the meds have got to your head. But, okay" He got up and left the room. Maybe the meds have got to my head. Daniel walks back in with a thick colouring-in book and a container of crayons. "Enjoy" He said handing them to me. "Are you going to help?" I asked. He laughed but laid down next to me.