Chapter 30

Alexis POV

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of the Moon Goddess to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of the Goddess in Paradise, and into which holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined" The priest started and I looked into Daniels eyes. "Therefore if any man can give a reason, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else may he for ever hold his peace"

The priest turned to Daniel, "Do you take this Woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to live together after the Goddess's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor her, and keep her, in sickness and in health; and forsaking all others, keep yourself only for her, so long as you both shall live?" Daniel smiled at me, "I do" he said.

Then the Priest turned towards me. "Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to live together after the Goddess's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Do you promise to obey him, and serve him, love him, honor him, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep yourself only for him, so long as you both shall live?" I smiled back at Daniel, and said as strongly as I could, "I do"

"I, Daniel Rover take you Alexis Dalton to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, for fairer or fouler, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to the Goddess's holy ordinance; and therefore I pledge you my loyalty"

"I Alexis Dalton take you Daniel Rover to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to the Goddess's holy ordinance; and therefore I pledge you my loyalty"

The priest asked for the rings and Daniel took them out of his pocket and handed them to him. "Bless these Rings, O merciful Goddess, that those who wear them, that give and receive them, may be ever faithful to one another, remain in your peace, and live and grow old together in your love, under their own vine and fig tree, and seeing their children's children. Amen"

And the Priest, taking the ring, delivered it to Daniel. Daniel took the ring and placed it on my left hand, on the fourth finger. "With this Ring I thee wed, and with my body I thee honor, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow; Amen" I took Daniels ring off the priest and placed it on his ring finger. "With this Ring I thee wed, and with my body I thee honor, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow; Amen"

"Let us pray. O Eternal Goddess, Creator and Preserver of all mankind, Giver of all spiritual grace, the Author of everlasting life; Send your blessing upon this man and this woman, whom we bless in your Name; that, whereof this Ring given and received is a token and pledge, and may ever hereafter remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to your laws, Amen"

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" Daniel leaned in, grinning at me. I grinned back and his lips found mine. We stayed like that for what felt like hours. Holding eachother, and just savoring the moment. Cheers and shouts were heard from the crowd and I smiled into the kiss. Dan pulled away and picked me up, carrying me back down the aisle.

* * * *

Marks fork clanged against his wine glass and everyone turned to look at him. "Okay, okay, listen up guys. I've got a speech, okay? I wrote it this morning, because I forgot about it till then, but here I go" He pulled out a piece of paper from his suit pocket and opened it up, reading. "Hi, I'm Mark, Daniel's dad" He waved to everyone and everyone laughed. "Thank you everyone for coming, a very special thanks to Alexis' family. I haven't met you, but I can tell already that you'll love me" Rhonda rolled her eyes at that comment.

"Now, when Dan was little he would always ask me to tell him how his mother and I met. It got so bad I decided to write it and print it off so he wouldn't bug me about it anymore. Turns out that didn't work, because he was only five and he didn't know how to read yet" Everyone laughed and Dan chuckled. "Dan was so obsessed with the idea of love, that he made me read him the story every night or whenever he was sad. He always told me that when he found the one, he would tell me right away so that I could right a story about her for him"

He turned towards us and winked at me, "Now, I don't think I need to write that story because right now, they're living it. And when Isaac and Aiden are all grown up, they can tell them their story, because I only know my love story, and I can't see what they do behind closed doors. But, unfortunately I can hear it" A blush crept up my face and I covered my face with my hand. Were we really that loud? Gosh, that's embarrassing. "Now, I believe Daniel has something to say" He pointed to Dan and sat down, Dan standing up in his seat. "Okay, Thanks to everyone for coming here for our special day. I appreciate the long trip that most of you made to get here" He nodded towards my family and some of the pack members. His uncle Nate started whooping from the crowd and Dan laughed. "You especially Uncle Nate"

Mark stood up and pointed to Nate, "Sit down and shut up Mutt" He shouted. He sat back down and gave Daniel the floor. "Alexis, I promise to be your lover, companion and friend, Your partner in parenthood, Your ally in conflict, Your greatest fan and your toughest adversary. Your comrade in adventure, Your student and your teacher, Your consolation in disappointment, Your accomplice in mischief. In your eyes, I have found my home. In your heart, I have found my love. In your soul, I have found my mate. With you, I am whole, full, alive. You make me laugh. You let me cry. You are my breath, my every heartbeat. I am yours. You are mine. Of this we are certain. You are lodged in my heart. The small key is lost. You must stay there forever"