Zombies?!

"We have a short way back to camp." Daryl said "If you're from Ohio how'd you get here in the first place?"
"A red portal." Dean said
"Portal? Walkers I can believe but portals across the continent don't happen." Rick snorted.
"What do you mean walkers?" Sam asked.
"You've traveled here from Ohio and you don't know about the apocalypse going on?"
"What apocalypse? The only apocalypse that was going on had demons and spirits, that sort of thing, not zombies!" Said Sam, completely confused.
"We haven't had any run ins with demons or spirits, just walkers, although I believe those would be much harder to kill." Daryl replied. "Camp's just up ahead Rick, what do you want me to do with these ones?" Rick turned to him and thought for a moment before deciding "Put them in a cell while we plan to question them and meet with the group, if they're thinking they're battling demons and walking here from Ohio they might've been bitten and we can't take any chances."
"Alright, let's go boys." Daryl said as he shoved the Winchester brothers towards the jail. "Hey! Easy!" Dean grumbled at him. "Get moving." Daryl snarled back.

"Dean, what are they talking about? Walkers? What are walkers!" Sam whispered when they were in the cell. "I don't know something isn't right here, that portal it must've been to a different dimension. We haven't been here before, we've never fought these either." Dean replied.
"How are we going to get back to our dimension then? They'd never believe we're from another dimension!"
"I don't know Sam. I've never heard of portals to other dimensions. All I know is we've gotta learn how we got here to see if we can recreate the portal to get out and we've gotta learn how to kill these things."
Suddenly their conversation was cut short by footsteps approaching them.