God's Fury

"All dead division inhabitants listen up," Castiel said, "the road to God is a rough one. There are monsters, angels, souls, you may think you've found a lost loved one but that is not always the case. There are many illusions and they are very dangerous. Stay away from the deceased. You must fear the dead to avoid fighting them."
    The group began their trek to God. Several hours went by of ducking souls and avoiding angels. All was going well until Rick found the one soul he could never resist. The mother of his child, Lori. Lori was standing well off the path in a white floor length gown, beckoning to him. He could hear her softly calling him forward, "Rick," her drawn out whisper trailed off and echoed in his mind. He was under her spell and stepped off the path. He took a few steps and no one but Daryl in the war party noticed.
     "Rick! What the hell are you doing?" Daryl cried. Rick snapped out of the trance just as Lori transformed into a snarling beast. He ran back to the path as quick as he could, the beast that was Lori a few moments before swiping at his ankles. "Run!" Dean cried. The mortals in the party ran for their lives as the immortals scoffed and took the beast down easily. "How in my name did you escape, Penelope?" Crowley cooed at the beast. He snapped his fingers and two ragged demons appeared. "Take my dear Penelope back to hell, boys." And with another snap the beast and the demons were gone.
    "What the hell was that?" Rick cried.
"A prime example of why you stay on the path! You could've been killed, soldier." Dean commanded. "The dead are to be feared and fought. Do not approach them here." With that being said, the group continued slowly through the treacherous middle ground between heaven and hell.