Chapter 6: A Little More Time

20th Ward

Rikina arrived and saw that Squad 1 was all on the ground with Shinohara in front of Juzou. His back was widely exposed after being ripped open by the new owl that appeared. The lady is watching Juzou helplessly trying to fight with a broken leg. The Owl threw the white-haired lad who crawled in front of Shinohara. He cried after remembering Shinohara telling him that his disappearance would make him sad. Her feet seemed glued to the ground.

Juzou Suzuya will be the next Arima.

He's strong from his age and what makes him more effective is that he's wild.

When you have nothing else to lose, you won't be afraid to throw yourself on the battlefield.

The special class inspector dragged her feet and was drawn to the inspector's location. "Suzuya!", Rikina shouted looking at the Owl prepared to slash the lad in half. She was able to wrap her chains on the owl's arm and her weapon split into two sharp scythe still attached in chains. "I recognize those weapons", the owl spoke and launched another attack. The lady was able to evade it. She landed next to Ui, an inspector who had been used to battle and is now lying unconscious on the ground. On the other side was Kuroiwa who lost an arm. The sight made her heart race. Soon, her movements became tense.

She doesn't want to get any injury during battles. Unlike ghouls, they cannot regrow a limb or close a wound. If she goes home, she wants to bring herself wholly to her parents, not just an arm, a limb, or just a body part. Rikina slapped herself and breathed deeply. "You look too nervous. Your movements are getting slower. If you become boring, I'll end it and tear you into pieces", the owl threatened. She can hear the screams of the CCG inspectors around the place. Rikina just kept evading her attack.

This is bad. I've been trying not to get injured but if Shinohara-san doesn't get any medical attention, he'll die.

The owl noticed a sudden glance at the dying man. It chuckled and stabbed his body. Rikina charged to attack and cut one of its arms but it grew. Her balance tipped off and the owl took the opportunity to slash her eyes. Rikina gave a quick scream due to the searing pain. She could hear Juzou attacking once more. "Suzuya, keep away from the owl!", Rikina shouted and tore a piece of her inner shirt and tied it around her head covering her eyes that are bleeding.

She held on to the chains and threw them in the owl's direction. She can no longer see and the wound is deep. Rikina already knew that she had become blind. Still, she was able to locate the owl. She engaged in a battle and was able to injure the owl and sustained slashes on her body as well. The owl kept showing her crystalized kagune so Rikina needed to spread her chains to protect the investigators.

Just a little more...

Hold on just for a little longer...

Help will come...

I need to protect Suzuya.

Please myself, don't give up. Shinohara-san and the others need medical attention. Please don't give up as well. Keep on breathing.

After some time, a hand dropped on her shoulder. She knelt and held her head facing the sky. "I'd leave it all to you, Kishou-san", she said then collapsed.

A week after...

16th Ward- Hideout

"Did you see the news?", Hinami asked with a worried face. Touka turned to the television and saw the symbol of CCG investigators. Many of them died in the battle. "It's a surprise if she's not dead", the dark-haired lady furrowed her brow. Touka covered her face. In addition to knowing that Rikina is an enemy, Kaneki got himself taken by the CCG. Who knows what they'll do to him? "What are we going to do now?", Hinami held onto the lady's sleeves making Touka realize that she should be strong for the youngster.