Chapter 21

-Jerome's POV- (HOLY SHIT ANOTHER ONE)

Barely managing to run, I dragged myself to the city limits. Jade ran slower to keep me moving, but did not push me. She knew I had limits.

I could see Mitch carrying Preston behind me, and I collapsed at the city limit against a tree. My legs ached, and were screaming to stop, so I obliged.

"Brother, you are injured."

"I see that, Jade. I am fine."

"Sir, you are not fine. Only one leg is clear of injury. You need to stop," Preston commanded.

Jade looked at him in surprise, "You speak, young creeper?"

"Yes ma'am."

"No need to call me ma'am, creeper. What is your name?"

"Preston."

"And Brother, who is the human?"

"Mitch. My name is Mitch."

"Lovely meeting you two. Jerome, have you found the pack?"

"I have, Jade."

"Are they alright?"

"Yes. The pack has grown since I left."

Jade pulled the chain off her neck, and flung it into a tree nearby. She resembled me quite remarkably, and without her chain, it looked like Preston was already having trouble figuring out who was who.

"Sir, you are not walking back to the meadow with those injuries. It is too far."

"I will live, Preston," I started to get up.

He leapt from the arms of Mitch, and stood in front of me.

"No. You shall not. You do not have the strength to walk alone. I shall return shortly. Do not move."

He ran off, and Jade chuckled, "Commanding, is he not?"

"Yes, he is. And he is merely a year and a half old."

He returned with a woman whom I had never seen before, and a young boy. He looked to be about 7 years old, and very similar to Mitch.

The woman almost had a stroke seeing my sister and I, but sat in front of me to address my wounds. The young boy played with Preston and Mitch while the woman worked.

"Now, you'll feel a bit of pain, because I have to set your leg."

She seemed hesitant to do anything, but what she had said was true. I felt a sharp stinging pain where she touched, and when she set the bone, it hurt less. A few minutes, and she nodded, satisfied with her work.

"What is your name?" I asked her.

"Me? Kara."

"So you are the one that helped Preston?"

"Uhhhh yeah."

"Mitchell, who is the boy?"

"This is my brother, Jerome. This is Kenny."

"Hello, Kenneth. So nice to finally meet you."

He sighed in anguish, "HOW DO YOU GUYS ALL KNOW MY NAME?!?!"

"I can tell what is a name and what is a nickname, Kenneth. It is not difficult."

"Aaaaggggghhhhhh. I give up. I just give up," he said as he flopped backwards into the grass.

Jade and I both chuckled and Preston lost it. He fell over laughing at Kenneth in his anguish on the ground.

"Kenworth, get off the ground. You're messing up your hair," Mitch scolded.

"And why should I care?"

"You know why."

"Fiiiiiiiiinnnne."

Kenneth stood up and brushed the leaves off his outfit.

"Guys, stay a while! Oh please, Kara?"

I looked at Kenneth sternly, "Kenneth. You say what happened the second I stepped on that asphalt. I am not risking my neck again, child."

"Oh. Right."

~~+~~+~~+~~+~~+~~+~~
-A/N-
Ignorant and dumb Kenny. XD he's too cute.

Love you guys!
             ~Percabeth1Jackson