Chapter 36

Waking up with a migraine is never fun. Especially when you have things to get done during the day.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I spun.

Lila stood in the doorway.

"Sorry, I should have knocked."

"There is nothing to knock. Lila, are you sure you came from here? It does not seem like it."

"I am. I am only here because I was sent with a message. There is a human at a secondary portal requesting your appearance. He is wearing blue and a silver circlet."

"Blue? Circlet?"

I had a feeling I knew who it was. Barely a day and he already showed up. My head was pounding, but I packed a potash in my pouch and headed to the coordinates that Lila gave me.

I was surprised to find someone I did not expect to find. It was not who I had originally thought of.

~~+~~+~~+~~+~~
-???'s POV-

"Preston!"

"Hello. What are you doing here? How did you know I was here?"

"One, I come here a lot, and two, I didn't. Lila told me a few hours ago."

"Lila? You understand her?"

"I taught her a bit of English over the years. She's really quite good at it. But seriously Preston. How've you been?"

"Confused. Stable. Neutral. I do not really know how to describe it. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Lach's grown a ton since we saw you last. He's almost 6 foot 8."

"How tall are you? You look short."

"Fudge off mate. I'm 5 foot 6."

"At least that beats my whole 3 foot 5. I am finished growing. You, on the other hand, are not."

"Fair point. Man, I've missed you. Where did you go all those years ago?"

"My mother restrained me from leaving the cove. I literally went nowhere."

"Wait, then where is she?"

"I am starting to tire of answering this. She was killed by an archer. I am alone."

"Oh! Come back with me. Just for a day. Lachlan's missed you too. C'mon LP! It'll be fun!"

He smiled a little when I called him LP.

"Fine. One day. Just one. And it is only to see you and Lachlan. Alright?"

I danced a victory dance. "Yes! Let's go!"

I grabbed him and tugged him through the portal. He made a strange squeal when I grabbed him, but he followed.

I opened my eyes to home.

"Preston!!"

I laughed as Lachlan tossed himself off the staircase sideways.

(Vikk is the POV btw)

"Vikk, you didn't tell me you were leaving! Dafudge?!"

"I just wanted to talk to Lila. Relax."

"Fine. Hi Preston."

"Hello Lachlan. How have you been?"

"Excellent. You?"

"Hard to explain. Good lord, have you grown."

"I know, right?" (I had to resist the urge to write ikr... I've been corrupted by my generation)

"I feel so... short. Never in my life have I felt short. Now I do."

"Haha! I got LP to feel short! Life goals."

"Lachlan I'm not so sure that's an achievement. It seems more awkward if anything."

"Oh. Sorry."