Chapter 60

-Preston's POV-
Rob led me to a house on the corner of the block a mile from Kara's, and pulled his horse to a stop.

He got off and sighed heavily.

"Preston, this'll only be a minute. Do you wanna come in?"

"I do not even remember what we are doing here."

"Giving these dirtbags of parents a visit."

"Who?"

"Mitch and Kenny's parents."

"I will come but I doubt I will say anything unless I have to."

I tied the horses to a nearby tree and walked after Rob, who was up at the front door already. He hastily handed me his crown, and told me to 'do away with it' whatever that meant.

But I took it to the horses and slipped it into my horse's saddlebag, then went back to Rob's side.

An older man opened the door.

"How may I help you boys?"

"Hi. Name's Rob. I'm friends with Mitch."

"Mitch?" He grimaced and muttered, "That boy's still alive?"

"Yes Mitch is still alive. Why wouldn't he be?"

"What'd you say your name was?"

"Rob."

The man paled.

"You wouldn't happen to know the King, would you?"

Rob was being politely sarcastic at this point. Barely keeping his anger in check.

"Why would you ask that? Are you afraid of me? I'm only 15."

The man let us in, legitimately afraid of Rob.

"Who was it, dear?"

"Mitch's friend Rob. And a boy he brought with him."

I stayed quiet, hiding behind Rob slightly.

"Mitchell? Mitchell isn't here, boys."

"I know. He lived with me for the longest time. I know Kenny as well."

The woman looked Rob over and noticed his attire the most.

He was dressed casually, in a hoodie and jeans, but his boots and chain give him away. Her eyes locked on his chain, which hugged his neck.

Rob noticed her attention shift, and how she lost all the color in her face. She looked like she had seen a ghost.

"You like my chain? My dad gave it to me. Or rather, he left it for me. I think you've guessed who he is?"

She nodded.

I felt like I was out of the conversation anyway, so I went outside to the horses to find them halfway down the street, a familiar man leading them.

"Excuse me!" I yelled.

He turned, and when he saw me, he narrowed his eyes.

"What?"

"Give me the horses and I will not have you arrested."

"Yeah right. You can't even control one, kid."

I ran to him, and drop-kicked him in the waist, a move I had learned from Mother as a young child.

I snatched the reins of both horses angrily and swung up onto mine. I took them back down the road and let him groan on the ground in pain.

I tied them again and had a guard stand with them so the man did not get any ideas. I walked back inside the house.

"You two are awful! I cannot believe you would injure your own children in such a way! They were genuinely hurt, not by the burn marks they sustained, but by your damn neglectfulness! Mitch left you because you two were ASSHOLES to him! And for you to do that to Kenny at his age, or at all, is considered abuse. I could easily have you arrested right now. I have guards on the watch outside, it really is no problem. You want me to get them?"

They both shook their heads violently. Rob was beyond pissed, so they answered smartly.

Rob stormed out with me tailing him.

~~+~~+~~+~~+~~
-A/N-
And that's it! There will be a sequel up, and it's called Found Amongst Few. The opposite of this title.

As far as I've thought, the majority of the sequel will be Rob's POV, countering the majority of this book as Preston's POV.

It will also be taking place 5 years later, when Rob is 20 and Preston is technically 3.3 years old (aka 20 in human years).

Preston had spent a few months at home to collect more food and such, visiting family, etc, then decided to return instead of remain.

The sequel is what happens.