Ch 14: Let's get some things straight

Syn’s Pov:

I mentally slapped myself for making Hunt think that I am going to reject him. I think he should know from the way I was freaking out a few minutes ago that if given the chance I would hold on to him for dear life.

“Hunter you silly man, I’m not going to reject you.”

Relief immediately filled his face. “I do want to know the full back story of you and this Victoria chick. I know that there have been women before me, but I have a feeling that there are going to be a few surprises along this journey of ours and I would rather lay everything out now; so I won’t get embarrassed later.”

“That’s only fair. Let’s go downstairs and have some breakfast and I will tell you all about my past relationships.”

So we made our way down stairs where apparently breakfast had been waiting. We ended up sitting at the island in the kitchen.

After taking a sip of my orange juice I look over at Hunter expectantly. He clears his throat and shifts uncomfortably. He knew that one day he would have a mate, what did he expect that she wouldn’t want to know about his past? Nope. He knew most of mine so I think I deserved to know a little bit of his.

“Well to be honest I have never really had a real relationship. As you can tell I like women of all variety so my past is sprinkled with women of all types”

I rolled my eyes at that last comment.

“Ok ok I get that you like your little swirl, but I am more interested in those who will confront me about being your mate. I have a feeling that the girl from the lake house could cause trouble, but I am more concerned about Victoria.”

He lets out a deep sigh and looks me directly in my eyes. “Victoria and I are promised mates”

I’m pretty sure my facial expression went from calm to irate in 2.5 seconds.

“Please do explain that arrangement.”

“That’s exactly what it is. A business arrangement, a guarantee that the pack will be able to survive and that I can and will produce an heir to the “alphaship”. Victoria is the Beta’s daughter or Jake’s sister. Since I passed 21 with no signs of a mate my parents let the Beta’s wife; Susan talk them into arranging a mating between Victoria and I. When this happened I was ok with it because sure why not Victoria is hot and I had slept with her before, we were always on and off again. This changed when she started getting the feelings that she should go out and look for her mate. I supported her decision because we were both restless and I did want to wait for my true mate. So she went off to find him, but she just returned not too long ago mate-less. I don’t have the full details as to what happened or why she isn’t with her true mate. If you have to worry about anyone it would be her and Anna.”

“Wait Anna? As in Carter’s friend and I guess you could say my friend too?”

“Yes, there is something off about that girl, she is Jake and Victoria’s cousin and I don’t trust her. She tried to sleep with me when I was with Victoria and I basically had to command her to leave my room. The girl is sneaky and I really would prefer if you, Carter, Jess and heck even Emma would stay away from her.”

“Well I knew she was acting a little back stabby at the club, but I didn’t think much about the situation.”

“So is there anything else I need to know about you and Victoria’s relationship? I mean you have told her that it’s over and just because she came back empty handed you aren’t going through with this arrangement.”