V. Worthless and Lonely

Song of the chapter: 'Pity Party' by Melanie Martinez

------------------

Justin

"Mm yeah, that looks good" I said when I was really impressed by the sketch of a new dress that Sandy was designing.

It was 9 pm in the evening and I was half sitting on the bed in my boxers while my back was against the headboard as Sandy's back rested against my torso while she sketched on the paper and kept asking for my opinion on it.

"I really like your hair, they're so soft and they smell so good" I said while my nose was nuzzled in her hair as I played with their tip.

"Sh, don't distract me" She said and flicked me off.

"What a cruel way to reply a man when he compliments you" I faked annoyance.

"I'm just trying to get this right baby..." She sighed and turned her head to kiss my cheek.

It just made me kiss her cheek back multiple times with loud smacking noise making her giggle.

"Justin stop! I'll mess this up" She giggled.

"Your laugh is really cute you know you should do that often" I said.

"I will if I get reasons to" She said.

"Sometimes, they way you speak about yourself makes me feel like you think you're worthless and a really, really lonely person" I said.

Her smile shrunk but she didn't say anything.

"I've been worthless since the moment I was born and lonely since the age of sixteen and I don't even care about it anymore" She mumbled while continuing her sketch.

Her words gripped at my heart. What me and Sandra do doesn't include any sorts of feelings but if we just keep it aside and look at Sandra.....my heart aches for her.

She doesn't deserve to feel like this, she just doesn't understand how different she is and better to be elaborate.

This girl is twenty years old, has filthy rich parents, all she needs to do is sit and enjoy her life but here she is, living on her own with her own efforts and is successful in whatever she does.

How can she be worthless?

"You're not lonely Sand, I'm here" I said and buried my face in her neck and held her tighter.

"You'll be gone soon" she said softly after a pause and I swallowed a lump in my throat.

I was suddenly feeling like I wanted to cry, like, legit sob like a kid.

I could just kiss her shoulder in response because I had nothing to say. It's true that I'll be gone soon.....just a month and week and I'll be gone.

I got so carried away in the melancholic feeling until the bell rang.

"Who must it be at this time?" Sandra furrowed her eyebrows as she got out of my embrace and stood up before putting on her dark-blue satin robe.

I rushed to her closet and pulled on one of her sweat pants and then grabbed my t-shirt before walking out of the bedroom.

When Sandy opened the door, a tall blonde guy stepped in.

I went and stood just behind Sandra and the guy glanced at me before looking back at Sandy and smiling at her.

"Hey Sand" He said and pulled her in a hug.

"Ed....what are you doing here so late" Sandy said politely.