Chapter 16 - Could it be?? (Part 2)

Vanessa's POV
As I opened the door, I found another letter at my doorstep. Maybe it's from 'Mysterious Letter'. As I picked it up, I thought of Zac. Should I follow him? Maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I should.

I made up my mind and decided to follow him. After a few minutes, I spotted him sitting down on one of the benches outside looking at the beach, enjoying the sunset (just like the picture above). I took a picture of him. I don't know what I was thinking, but I did took it and I didn't have second thoughts about posting this picture. I captioned the picture on my Instagram account, 'Love the view'. Who cares about what other people might think. All I care about now is what I feel.. Should I go near him and talk to him?

Zac's POV
I looked for an empty bench for me to sit on. Lucky for me there was one. I took a sit and stared at the beauty of the sun setting. And thoughts, questions keep popping into my head and I have no idea how to answer all of these. It's messing up my mind..

"Hey Zac"
I know that voice. It can't be. As I looked, I saw her as the light from the setting sun lit her face, one of my few favorite poeple in this world, Vanessa. She saw how surprised I am to see her.
"Hey V."

"Surprised?"

"Yeah. Maybe a little."

"So, may I sit next to you then."

"Of course, why not." I said while letting her sit beside me.

"Cool. Thanks."

"What's that your holding?" I asked even though I already knew what was it.

"Oh this? This is just a letter from someone who I don't know anything about him/her."

"You mean a secret admirer." *grinning*

"Maybe. Maybe not. Would you mind if I read it for a few minutes?"

"Sure go ahead."
As Vanessa was reading the letter, my letter, I kept glancing at her. This is not what I expected as the sun sets. This is not what I mean by 'If you need someone to talk to just let me know'. Yet, expected or not, I love how the universe makes all these wonderful things happen.

"Done." She cheerfully said.

"Already?! That was fast."

"Yeah. It was just a short message."

"Well I will not ask anything about what's written on it." Because I already knew what was in it..

"Yeah? Why not?" Vanessa said while looking at me like she's finding answers by reading my expressions or face.

*Feeling nervous* "Because..."

"Because?"

"Because it's your privacy. And I respect that."
There was a moment of silence between us. A bit awkward as you can imagine but it can be managed.

"Uhmm, Vanessa?" I finally spoke.

"Yeah?"

"I want to ask you something." I am really getting so nervous.

"Of course Zac, what is it?" She said looking straight at my eyes..

"Why... Uhm.. Do you.. Can we... Uhm... Never mind." I said looking away.

She grabbed my arm and made me look at her.
"Oh come on Zac, just tell me already." *getting curious*

Looking at her eyes,
"Okay, alright, here goes. What... Uhmm... Why are you here in Hawaii?"

"Oh."

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I totally undertand."
I started to stand up and leave.

Vanessa's POV
"Why are you here in Hawaii?" Zac asked me.

"Oh." I'm not really sure if I would answer him. Because he's my ex and yet I 'still do?' love him and I'm not ready to open my door to my ex especially if I 'still?' have feelings for him. Then suddenly Zac started to leave. Without hesitation, I hold his hand before he could walk away from me.

"Don't go. Please Zac"
He stared at me for a while to make sure if he heard me correctly. And for a few minutes, he nodded and returned to sit with me.

"Vanessa, I know that you're a bit, maybe a lot, awkward having me here. Knowing you, don't try so hard if you don't want me here." Zac said and he held my hand, looked me in the eyes and I saw how sincere he was with his words. The truth is, I really want him here especially right beside me.

"I know it's awkward having you here but it's better than anywhere else." I said smiling. He smiled at me and held my hand tighter, tighter than before.
"To answer your question earlier Zac, as you can see, my life became complicated lately."

"And why is that?" Zac asked.

As I stared at his blue eyes, I want to tell him the truth, the truth that I still love him but, I still need to clear some things with Austin BUTTler..
"Did you watch the news about me and Austin's relationship in the dumps?"

"Yeah."

"How humiliating but it's true. It's true because I made him feel unloved and he became jealous." I said looking away from Zac.

"Is there a reason why he should be jealous?" He asked.

I thought about Zac's question. Is there really a reason for Austin to get jealous?
"No. Nothing." I said out of the blue.

"Then maybe he should not get jealous and trusts you."

"Yeah. Maybe."
We just stared at each other for a while, little did I know, we are both leaning in, only a few inches before our lips touch, until...
"Ahh, Zac? I think it is already getting cold. Don't you think?" And we got that chance to get our distance back from each other.

"Yeah, you're right. I think it's time we should get back to the hotel. I'll walk you there?" Zac asked.

"Sure. It's nice to have some company." I 99% honestly said. The remaining was, I am glad it is you I'm here with.

As Zac and I were walking to my room, I never thought I would feel safe again, with him by my side. After a few minutes, we were already at my doorstep.
"Well this is it." I said.

"Is this your way of saying 'Goodbye' to me?" Zac asked.

"No. Of course not. It's my way of saying 'Thank you' and 'Till we meet again'." I smiled.

"Alright then, 'You're welcome' and 'Nice catching up with you'." Zac winked.

Zac opened my door and I went in.
"Vanessa, wait!."

"What is it Zac?"

"Could we take a picture together? For old times sakes." He said while holding up his camera.

"Sure why not."
As I stood next to him, he put his hand on my waist to bring me closer to him while positioning his camera in front of us. My pose was a just simple one, a smile and Zac's was, I don't know because I was looking at the camera when it clicked. When I asked Zac if I can look at our picture, he said no. In normal times, I would snatch the camera from his hands but I decided not to. So I went inside my room and said our final goodbyes to each other. When I already fully closed the door, I leaned on it and smiled. I didn't expect that at the end of the day, this will happen. And it sinked in, I almost kissed Zac today. What a day. At least it ended up with flying colors this time. And I will have a smile on my face when I go to bed tonight...