Chapter 24 - Tell me what's wrong

Published (OG) : May 22, 2018
Last Updated: May 7, 2019 12:25AM

Hi guys sorry for the late upload... I'm finding some inspiration to continue this story because I badly want to keep on going.. But either way, thank you for still supporting my story even it takes so long for me to update.. But don't you worry Zanessa Fans, I'm not planning to end or stop this story anytime soon... I'm a huge fan of Zanessa even though in real life, this isn't really going to happen. I just wanna share what/where my imagination wants me to go. Even though it hurts cause you feel like this imagination is a place where you don't want to leave, a dream where you don't want to wake up and all you want is this dream where they will be together again become reality...

So enough of that, Let's continue the story... :)
____________________________________________________________

Vanessa's POV

As we arrived on the beach, of course wearing sunglasses and hats so that we won't be that recognizable, the three of us, Ash on my right and Zac on my left, lay down our blankets on the chairs underneath the umbrellas. We just relaxed and enjoyed our peace and quiet. But after a few minutes, I can't help but think about me and Zac. When you think about it, we are not yet even officially a couple yet. Nor we are dating. I think were just old friends trying to make up lost time not spending with each other. But on second thought, I really don't know. I just kept on looking at Zac. You might think that I was staring at him because, come on, he's topless, wearing black sunglasses and a hat covering just half of his face. Okay fine, I'm staring at him because of that but that is not the main reason. That is just the add-ins. But seriously, I'm staring at him because I was lost in my thoughts. I didn't know that I was looking at him for quite some time when someone spoke which made me startled.

"Hey, how's the view?"

"You startled me." I looked at my bestfriend.

"I know he's hot and all, but come on, he's not going to run away 'cause he's fast asleep." Ash giggled.

"How can you be so sure that he's asleep?" I smirked.

"Oh come on. He's been in that position for quite some time now and if I was awake, I would be changing my position once in a while." Ash pointed out.

She's right. If I were too was awake I will be switching positions. Ash saw that I was still looking at him, so she got up and poked Zac a few times, but not too hard. He didn't move.

"See, told you he's asleep." She said while lifting Zac's hat from his face.

"Okay. You win." I surrendered.

"So what's bothering you." She asked while sitting down in front of me.

I asked her if we could move to her side so that we can't disturb Zac and for me to have some one-on-one talk with my bestfriend without anyone hearing us. It's must only be the two of us.

As we both took a seat, I wrapped my arms around my legs while Ash was sitting in front of me. I was resting my head on my knees when Ash rubbed my arms and asked,

"Hey. You okay?"

I lift my head up, lay down and looked at her. She looked at me and made me move a little so that she can also lie down with me. Now we're laying side-by-side and face-to-face with each other.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ash once again asked. Looking straight at me.

"It's nothing."

"Well, as one of your bestfriends for a very long time, I already know you. You don't just stare at something/someone and look completely blank just by looking at it. I know when you're lying or keeping something from me. Tell me what's been bothering you so that we can discuss what's really going on."

I was having doubts in telling Ashley not because I don't trust her, don't get me wrong, I completely trust her in every single way possible. It is because I don't know where I was going to start. Or on second thought, I just really don't know what is really the problem. Thinking this through, I need to tell someone, well in this case, Ashley, because maybe she can help me figuring things out, figuring me out.

"I really don't know where to start so I'm just gonna go with it okay?" I looked at her. She just nodded. I took a deep breath and started,

"You know that these past days, Zac and I have been close once again like nothing ever happened between us in the past and we didn't exactly discuss those things yet. And now, we're friends again, what does it leave us that I still have feelings for him. I know it's complicated to understand but you get my point right? Zac and I are not a couple nor dating. I assume there's a little flirting but even that I'm not sure because we haven't discuss those kind of things yet and about what is going on between us. Yeah there is this almost 'lunch date' but that didn't happen. So where does it leave me?" I said, a bit unsure if I said the right things. Ash just looked at me then wiped a tear, that I didn't know have formed, and smiled.

"Just relax V, everything is going to be okay. These things takes time. You know, maybe he's finding the right time, the right moment, for him to answer the questions that you are asking me right now. Like you, maybe he's also figuring out things himself. Maybe he is taking it slow because he is afraid of making mistakes he has already done before. Or maybe he is doing all of this because he is afraid of losing you again because he has already lost you before. You and I both know that these things needs time. If you rush things, probably it might not turn out the way you wanted it. Don't be too hard on yourself V, Zac also have a lot of things going-on on his mind especially with his upcoming movie on the works of filming soon, you guys have a lot of time to sort things out. Okay? Cheer up and enjoy this paradise, enjoy every single moment of it because in a few days you will be returning to LA and once the plane lands on the ground, reality will be waiting for you at the airport and you're going to say goodbye to your short paradise."

I smiled at Ash and giving myself a quick thought about everything she had said, she's right. I am just overthinking things lately. Time will tell whenever things will happen. I hugged her tight and we continued telling stories and a few jokes. Then someone poked me on my shoulder. I turned and it was Zac, who apparently just woke up.

"Hey ladies, what's going on?" Zac asked while rubbing his eyes.

Me and Ash just looked at each other and said, "Nothing." in unison and half-laughing.

"Ohh okay." Zac raised his eyebrow at us like something was up but didn't say anything else.

"Can we grab some dinner? I'm starving. And it's already getting late." Zac pointed at the sun setting.

I didn't know that it was getting late. Me and Ash was so deep in our conversation that we lost track of time. Time really flies when your having fun.

So we fixed our stuff and left. We went to the nearest restaurant because one of us really needs to eat. I mean by one of us is Zac cause he kept on insisting that we should eat already. So we went inside and took a seat at the back part of the restaurant with Ash beside me and Zac in front of us.

Then a waiter arrived, asked for our orders and left. As we are engaging into a conversation, I looked at my two friends and thought how lucky I am having both of them at my side. Maybe Ash was right, I should forget everything and make every moment count because friendships matters, these here matters. If destiny has a plan for me and Zac, or not, then I will just let it run its course. Zac and I became script-pairs to co-stars to friends to best friends to lovers to partners to ex-lovers to no communication at all. Those days happened so fast and maybe this time, we must learn how to take things one step at a time. 

We were done with our meal and I called the waiter for our bill but Zac insisted that he was going to pay for all our meals but before I resisted he already got the bill from the waiter, paid and returned the bill to waiter. Zac looked at me and smiled. I was about to say something but Ash interrupted me saying that Zac already paid for it there was nothing I can do about it. Well I guess I lost 2 over 1 geez. We stood up and left the restaurant and walked back to the hotel. Zac first accompanied us to our room before going to his. We said our goodnights and Ash and I went to bed instantly.