Chapter 17 - "What if's" and "Maybe's"

Zac's POV
As she closed her door, I hurriedly went to my room. Once I was inside, I made sure that I locked it first then, I took a seat at the sofa and stared at the TV. But suddenly, I threw my arms in the air, swaying and shaking then while stomping my feet. I feel 'kilig'. I can't believe she talked to me. She actually talked to me and it was great, all of it. I.. I'm.. I'm lost for words.

Once I calmed down, I got my phone and suddenly, I received a pic and a text from Ashley. It said, 'Look what Vanessa's latest post is.'. And the picture was a guy sitting on a bench looking at the beach while enjoying the sunset with a caption, 'Love the View'.. Wait! Is that me? It can't be.. I checked the shirt the guy is wearing on the picture and I checked mine. And I can't believe his shirt and mine are exactly the same and the bench and everything is just what happened before... Before Vanessa and I talked. But which 'view' is she referring to? I hope it's not the sunset or the beach. Maybe I should ask her. Once I put my phone down, it started ringing. When I checked it, it was Ashley calling me.

-Phone Conversation-
"Hey Ash."

"Hi to you too Zefron."

"Haha. So why did you called?"

"Well let's see. First, you didn't texted me back and second, you didn't tell me you and Vanessa are talking again. Come on Zac. I thought we were best friends and best friends tell each other secrets and stuff and what about 'the plan'."

"Oh come on Ash. You know 'the plan' is not anymore going to work. And yes, we are best friends but I am surprised as you are when Vanessa talked to me."

"She talked to you?!"

"Yes Ash. That picture you sent me, was a few minutes before she went straight to me and said 'Hi' and we actually had a conversation worth talking about."

"Oohhh.. Someone is really happy I presume."

"Yes. More than happy."

"Soo spill the beans already."

"What?"

"Well, tell me the story or substory of your conversation with V."

"Oh come on Ash, it's private."

"Reality check Zac, there isn't any privacy these days."

"I know that."

"So spill it already.!! I'm getting more and more curious about your conversation with her."

"Okay fine. There is no stopping you is it."

"Of course not. You became friends with me so you got to take it or leave it."

"Ohh. So 'I' became friends with you then. So I see. Uhmm."

"Haha very funny. Stop it already just tell me, tell me, tell me."

So I told Ashley everything that happened during our conversation. From the 'Hi's and 'Hello's. From the holding hands to the smiles. From the 'Goodbye's to the selfie. But of course I didn't miss out the part where we almost kissed. Ashley went screaming and making all of these girl noises that made me put a distance between my ear and my phone..

"Are you done?"

"Nope. AHHHH!!!!" Ashley screaming.

After a few seconds...
"Ash?"

"Okay I'm done."

"Good. I thought you would never stop."

"Oh Zac, you know me too well."

"Haha."

"Soo how was it?"

"Huh??"

"How was the 'almost' kissing?"

"Come on Ash. Not that too."

"Pretty please Zefron.."

"OK fine."

"Ayieee!!"

"So here goes. I didn't know that I already started to lean in and then Vanessa also lean in. When we were an inch or two, she interrupted by saying 'it's getting cold'."

"Owww... Typical V."

"Maybe she's really getting cold."

"Oh come on Zac. Do you even really believe that. Well I got to go. I need her to spill her side of the story."

"Will you tell me after?"

"Of course not."

"Would you tell her my side."

"That's a no too."

"Why not?"

"For my fun only."

"Haha."

"Bye Zac. Love you."

"Bye to you too Ash. Love you too."
-End of Conversation-

I hanged up after. Ash is such a tease. Maybe I could know her side of the story by... Nahh.. Could it work? Should I try. After all there's no harm in trying, right? Soo many questions were popping in my head. I think I already have an headache. What if Ash is right? I can't believe I just said that. What if all of these were signs and I'm too blind too see it. What if she is giving me a message, a message that I still can't figure out..

I've been thinking, did Vanessa really felt cold or she realized we were about to kiss and made that as an aliby... If the second one was true, then maybe, maybe I still got a chance to win her back. Maybe she is falling in love with me again. Maybe I have still a shot. Maybe it's time for our second chance.

It was getting late and I need to get some sleep. I still can't believe it's already been a week since I got here. And all I could think about all week is Vanessa. Vanessa, Vanessa, Vanessa. I think that is what love is. When you love someone, even if you try soo hard, they will never leave your heart and your mind. They will be there for the rest of your lives. That's it! I love Vanessa. I still love Vanessa and that will be for the rest of my life. Vanessa? Do you love me too?