Chapter 25 - Beneath the Starry Night

Published (OG) : May 18, 2019 (11:35AM)
Last Update: May 18, 2019 (11:35AM)

Author's Note

Hey guys, this is it. Chapter 25. Hope you'll enjoy this chapter and I hope you will take the time to comment your reviews.

Thank you guys for all the support. It is good to be back and enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been 3 days since Ashley and Vanessa had their little girl talk. And for the past few days, Vanessa just followed her advice. The three of them, Zac, Vanessa and Ashley, enjoyed the beach, watched movies, tried different variety of foods and gone to the gym or walked around the neighborhood.

Right now they were just staying at the hotel playing board games until they were interrupted by a ring of a phone and it seems like it was Ashley's. She picked her phone up and answered the call. Well it turns out it was Monique who was calling.

*Ashley on the phone*
"Hey girl?"
"No, it's okay."
"What is it?"
"Seriously?"
"Why?"
"Its too bad."
"But is it still going as planned?"
"Okay, good. Well I guess it is going to be okay."
"No need, I'm with them. I'm going to tell them myself."
"Okay. Toodles!"
~End of Conversation

"So what is that all about?" Vanessa asked while Ash put down her phone.

"Well, I guess our reunion is going to be pushed back till next month." Ashley breathed out.

"Why?" Vanessa was shocked. She knows that the Reunion was planned months before. How come it was being moved? What is happening?

"Because some of us has prior commitments they need to attend to. Right Zac?" Ash said crossing her arms while looking at Zac, who was quiet this whole time.

"Zac?" Vanessa raised her eyebrow at Zac.

"I'm sorry. Well, I was going to tell you that I will be shooting a movie in a few days and I also planned if our reunion will be next week, I will try to fly to Utah to attend our reunion and fly right back to Califonia for the movie." Zac apologized and explained.

"Is that so." Vanessa looked down.

"Are you mad?" Zac said while holding Vanessa's arm.

"No, just sad." Vanessa looked at Zac.

"Why is that?" Zac asked.

"It's nothing." Vanessa released Zac's hold of her and sat on the couch beside Ashley who was watching the two of us talked.

"Come on, tell me." Zac kept on insisting that Vanessa should just tell him. When she was about to explain herself a little doggie interrupted her.

"Because she's going to miss you Zac." Vanessa looked sternly at Ashley and Ashley grinned at Vanessa in return. Great just Great! Vanessa said to herself. She looked at Zac and he's blushing. He's so cute when he's shy all of a sudden, Vanessa thought. Zac caught her looking and that made the air a little bit awkward. Vanessa decided that she and Zac need to talk.

"Can the two of us talk for a minute? Outside?" Vanessa said to Ashley.

"Yeah sure. Why not." Ashley insisted while turning the TV on.

Vanessa got up but not before whispering to Ashley, "You and I need to talk later. You've got some explaining to do missy." Ash just smiled, hugged Vanessa and said, "Take your time, 'mom'." Vanessa slightly laughed and pushed her on the coach.

Zac and Vanessa headed out the door and told Ashley that they will be back soon before Zac closed it. They walked outside the hotel and kept on walking until Vanessa realized that she was walking a little bit faster than Zac who was already walking behind her. So she stopped and waited for him before they continued to stroll outside beneath the starry night.