CHAPTER 29 - Just Like Before

Started : May 20, 2021 (09:02pm)
Published (OG) : June 06, 2021 (09:50pm)
Last Update : June 06, 2021 (09:50pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~AUTHOR'S NOTE~

Hey Zanessa Fans.. How is everyone? I'm really sorry that I haven't posted and/or updated in a while. There was so much going on and I was very busy with work and stuff. I hope you guys understand.

I've been reading your comments and your messages earlier today and I am very thankful for the feedback and kind words you've said about my story. I don't know what to say to you guys. I appreciate your time and efforts in reading my story.

So without further ado, here is the next chapter for Forever - It Starts with YOU and ME (Zanessa FanFiction).. Hope you'll love it..

Love you guys..

xoxo PauZanessa14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~RECAP~

Zac's POV

"Vanessa..." She looked at me questionably.

"It's your call." I said and waved goodbye. She smiled and nodded then, she finally closed the door. I walked to my room with a grin on my face. I didn't expect this night to turn the way it has. As I entered my room, changed my clothes and layed on the the bed, I can't stop smiling. I forgot the feeling of being this happy before going to sleep and excited for tomorrow. For tomorrow will be the start of something new.

~END OF RECAP~

Vanessa's POV

"It's your call." Zac said to me. I nodded and smiled at him and I finally closed the door. I turned my back and walked towards the bedroom and saw Ashley was fast asleep so I sat on the floor by the foot of the bed. I tucked my knees to my chest and leaned my head on it. 'It's your call Vanessa. It's your call.' I kept repeating it to myself.

Earlier tonight, after Ashley and I had dinner, and I saw Zac by the beach and decided to join him. I thought I already have the courage to ask him everything that is happening between us, well not everything but bits and pieces. I thought I was ready to open-up to him but I got scared at the last second. After Zac told me his side of the 'much needed' talk, I was speechless. After everthing that he said, I just hugged him, silently calming both ourselves down. I didn't expect him to be that open, that vulnerable, to me.

While we were heading for our room, well Ashley and I's, I kept thinking about what he said. He's sorry? But why? He wasn't the one who first let go. He wasn't the one who threw away 5 wonderful years. He wasn't the one who gave up so easily. He wasn't the one who made mistakes. It was not him, it was me. ME. I was silently crying so that I will not wake up Ash. Few years back, I thought breaking up with him was the right thing to do for we are already growing apart. We are already changing from being innocent to not, from being true to ourselves to keeping appearances. I became the kind of person who gives death glares to fans for taking photos with Zac or just hugging him or even just getting near him. But I kept on reminding myself that they are our fans and we are not where we are today if it wasn't for them. At that time, Zac assured me that there was nothing to be worried about. He was mine as much as I am his. But I can't stop the jealousy that was building inside of me. I really can't help it at that time.

I stood up, went to the living room and sat down on the couch. I put my head on my hands as I kept thinking about Zac said. Am I really ready to face those demons, my demons, once again? Or will it break me again, maybe it will be worse than last time? After the time we spent here, just the two of us, well plus Ashley, I want to give us another try. I wish we could stay here forever but I know we can't. We need to face reality, Our Reality. I layed on the couch and I didn't realized that I was slowly drifting off to sleep.