Chapter 20 - Over

Vanessa held the door knob and nervously turned it. She didn't know what to say or what to do. But she needs to get this over with. Or for sure, she will regret it.

When she went inside, she found Austin near her bedside table. And when Austin turned, she saw that he was holding the letters that 'Mysterious Letter' gave her and for sure, he was already been reading them.

Vanessa froze on her spot. She didn't expect that this is the first thing she was gonna say to him today. Vanessa stared at him then she stared at the pieces of paper he was holding. How was she gonna say this to him. Think Vanessa think. She was about to say something when he interrupted her.

"What the hell is this?!" Austin said while holding up the letters.

"Austin can we talk?" Vanessa said honestly.

"Could you tell me first what is this all about?!" Austin said.

"I will, when we talk." Vanessa said.

"Fine." Austin finally giving in.

Vanessa motioned Austin to follow her. Austin and Vanessa then sat on the couch. Both getting uncomfortable.

"So?" Austin asked.

"Austin, well, I don't now how to say this but, here goes." Vanessa paused, breathed and relaxed. "I want to breakup wih you, Austin. And yes, I already thought this through. That's why I was planning to go home tomorrow just to end things with you. I had enough with everything you've been doing these past years. And these past few days was the sign that we need to go our separate ways as individuals. I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry." Vanessa said. Austin was a bit unsure of what Vanessa was talking about. But he heard 'breakup' loud and clear.

"You're breaking up with me?" Austin was shocked and a bit teary eyed.

"Yes Austin. Enough is enough. Let's get this over with." Vanessa said pleadingly.

"You want to breakup with me?! Why?! You still love him?! Or you found someone new?! That's why you have all these letters!" Austin asked Vanessa angrily.

Vanessa just looked at him with tears in her eyes. She doesn't know what or how to answer to Austin's questions.

"Vanessa?! Tell me the truth!" Austin was already shouting.

"Fine! You want the truth?! Yes! I still love him! I STILL LOVE ZAC! He never left my mind and my heart even when I tried to. And now, after all that's happening, I realized that I STILL LOVE HIM MORE THAN I HAVE LOVED YOU. You know why? Because he cares for me than himself or anybody else. I am always his number one priority." Vanessa was already shouting.

Austin can't believe of what he just heard. After all these years, Vanessa has still feelings for Zac. Now it's really happening, Austin's nightmare, Vanessa realizes that she still has feelings for Zac.

"Okay fine. You really want to breakup. Fine! We're Through!" Just as Austin said that, he stormed out of the room. But when he opened the door, both Vanessa and Austin was surprised who was about to knock on it.

It was no other than Vanessa's best friend, Ashley Tisdale. Thank goodness she's here. Ashley was surprised to see Austin leaving Vanessa's room. And by the looks of it, Ashley sense that something was wrong. Austin looked at Vanessa with anger in his eyes then he looked at Ashley. Then he continued to storm off leaving without a single word.

"Okay, didn't know he was here." Ashley said. But then, she realized that Vanessa was just staring at her blankly.

"Hey, you okay?" Ashley asked looking at Vanessa

"I'm alright. I hope." Vanessa said with tears in her eyes while she put her head on her hands.

"So what happened." Ashley asked while patting her back.

Vanessa looked at her bestfriend and honestly said, "I broke up with Austin today." Vanessa said.

"Oh my gosh! Really?!" Ashley was getting excited.

"Yes Ash. I did." Vanessa said trying to put a smile on her face.

"I think you're not that affected on your breakup." Ashley thought.

"Now, I'm not that really affected. I think its because I was already ready when I broke up with him. And that I don't have anymore feelings for him that why it was a lot easier to breakup with him." Vanessa said honestly.

"Soo you're a free woman now. So what are you going to to now?" Asked Ash.

"First, I need to cancel my flight tomorrow. And speaking of flight, what are you doing here?" Vanessa asked while wipping her tears away.

"Well I can't just sit and wait in LA while you and Zac are having the time of your lives here. I want to be with you guys and maybe you need some help in confessing your feelings with him." Ashley said putting a big grin on her face.

"Fine Ash. You can stay. What's your room number." Vanessa asked.

"I'll stay with you silly." Ashley said.

"Okay. So why don't we have a walk outside." Vanessa suggested.

"Sure! And along the way, you can tell me what happened these past days and how your breakup with Austin happened." Ashley said while walking outside, Vanessa in tow.

"Fine then." Vanessa said while locking the door.

So as the two best friend were making their way outside the hotel, they kept on catching up what their lives have been these past days and of course, Ashley keeps on asking Vanessa questions about her and Zac. They kept on talking and giggled and sometimes laugh very loud for about 10 minutes that suddenly there was a commotion near one of the restaurants in the hotel. Both girls went there for a better look at the situation. After dodging through the crowd, Vanessa seems to see Austin in the middle of it. And when she finally saw everything, she was standing there shocked. Vanessa saw Ashley's face and she too was shocked on what's happening. They were trying to let themselves pass through the crowd. And when they were already upfront, Vanessa shouted, "Oh my gosh. Zac!!!"