Chapter 19 - Unexpected

Vanessa's POV
Soo I've decided to go home tomorrow to settle things with Austin. So I called and booked myself a flight. I need to fix this ASAP! The longer this passes by, the more time waisted. The lesser chance me and Zac would be together again. After all these years, Zac already did his part, I think this time, it's time for me to do my part.

Just then, I received a text from an unknown number.
-Phone Conversation (Text)-
"Hi Vanessa."

"Who's this?"

"It's quite disappointing that you don't recognize me."

Who the hell is this! I was about to text this person but suddenly someone's calling me. When I checked, the one who is calling me was the one who texted me a few seconds ago. I thought for a second if I was going to answer the call. Should I? There's no harm in knowing. So answered the call before it ends.
-Phone Conversation (Call)-
"Hello?" I said.

"Hi Vanessa. It took you so long to answer." Its a guy's voice.

"Who's this?" I said getting a bit curious.

"Ouch. That hurts. We just talked yesterday. Don't tell me you forgot already."

Wait. Hold up. The only person I talked yesterday was Zac and Ashley. But the one I'm talking to is a guy. So it means...

"Zac? Is that you?"

"Yes. Finally you got it."

"I'm sorry. I didn't recognize your number. Is it new?"

"How about my voice? You didn't recognize this handsome voice? That hurts V. And yes, I changed it about a year ago."

"Haha. Your voice?! Ha! It didn't slip my mind. Just joking. Soo what's up?"

"Haha. I just wanna catch up. Maybe we could grab some lunch together? If that's alright with you."

"Sure I'm starving."

"Okay, great. So see you in 5 minutes?"

"Okay. Can't wait. See you Zac."

"Can't wait either. See you too Vanessa."

After I hang-up the phone, someone's been knocking on my door. Maybe it is Zac already. Wow, he's fast. So I hurriedly fixed my hair, applied a bit of make-up and fixed my dress even though the person on the other side keeps on knocking on my door. Once I was done, I quickly went to open the door. When I opened it, I was surprised.

"Hi Z... Austin?"

"Hi Vanessa." He leaned in to kiss me but I waved my hand in front of him.

"Why are you here?!"

"Well that's one of the ways to greet your boyfriend." Austin said sarcastically.

As I looked at my watch, I realized that any minute, Zac will already be here. So I pulled Austin to my room and on the look on his face, he was surprised with my sudden action. I closed the door and me and Austin started talking again.

"What the hell. You're not supposed to be here!. And how did you know that I'm here?!"

"It's called a lucky guess V."

"None of that! I'm already coming home tomorrow and I already booked myself a flight! This can't be happening."

"If you already booked a flight then, I'll come with you."

"Austin, please -----" suddenly there was a knock on the door. And I know it is Zac for sure. I fixed myself up before I opened the door but not that completely open.

"Hi." I said feeling nervous.

"Hi to you too Vanessa." Zac said with the warmest smile on his face.

"Vanessa, who is that?" Austin said.
Ohoww... I saw Zac's reaction. He looked at me expecting to find answers. But suddenly a hand, Austin's hand, held the door and fully opened it revealing himself. Both guys were surprised and that made me stuck to where I was standing. Don't know what to do because this is unexpected yet it got a lot awkward seeing my past and soon, I hope, in the future become my present again and my present that is soon to be my past, in the same place and the same time with me in the middle of everything.

"Don't know you have company." Zac said looking at me then looking at Austin.

"Yeah. Me too. Now I know why you're acting that way." Austin said glaring at Zac.

"Soo how about our lunch date?" Zac asked.

"Lunch date?! Your cheating on me?!" Austin was furious.

"Hey! Don't make me discuss about who's cheating who in the first place." I was getting mad.

"I better leave. I think both of you need to discuss things." Zac said and started to leave. I told Austin to stay put and I caught up to Zac.

"Zac wait!" I called him and grabbed his hand. He faced me and I saw how sad he is.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't do what I've done." Zac was heartbroken.

"You didn't do anything wrong. What you think you've done made me happy again, made me become myself again. That's all thanks to you. And I'm the one who should say sorry. If not for Austin, we would have enjoyed the best lunch we ever had." I was teary eyed. I saw him smile.

"I got to go. Austin's might be impatiently waiting for you." Zac pointed across the hall.

"Oh. Zac? Can you promise me something?"

"Sure Vanessa."

"Promise me that after this feud between me and Austin, you and I will continue on what we've started. Okay?"

"Okay Vanessa. I promise."

"Thanks. Uhh and Zac."

"Yes?"

I hugged Zac tightly, but not too tight. And without even thinking, I kissed him on the cheek and I saw him blushed. It's cute.

"Bye Zac."

"Don't say 'Bye', say 'Till we meet again'."

"Okay Zac. Till we meet again."

"Till we meet again Vanessa."

I walked away until I was standing in front of my hotel door. I told myself that when I entered this door, I will get to the point and finish everything with Austin. No more hesitations. I will just follow my instincts. This must be over now or never will I see Zac again....