Chapter 28 - Your Call

Started : November 12, 2020 (04:00pm)
Published (OG) : November 14, 2020 (09:34pm)
Last Update : May 20, 2021 (11:22pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~RECAP~

Vanessa's POV

"Vanessa, wait!" Zac called. I stopped in my tracks and turned to him. He ran to me and grabbed my hand. I instantly felt the warmth of his touch. He was still uneasy on what he is going to say. We just stood there in silence, I don't know for how long when he decided to break to silence between us.

"If you don't want to go first, then let me be the first to say it." He said while looking straight at me. He took a few deep breaths before saying the words I was least expecting to hear from him tonight, the least thing I was expecting this conversation will go. This wasn't part of my ideal plan of how this night, this conversation will go. But he said it. It made me speechless.

Those words, those 3 words, it made my heart stop.

~END OF RECAP~

-EARLIER THAT NIGHT-

Zac's POV

After the phone call with Vanessa and Ashley, I decided to pass the time walking around the beach. After a few minutes, I took a seat and smiled to myself realizing this was the same spot, the same bench, I sat when me and Vanessa first met and talked here in Hawaii a few weeks ago. I was enjoying the view - the people on the beach enjoying the breeze and sun, kids playing around, doing sandcastles, the waves and the sun setting.

A few moments later, someone sat beside me and I looked who the person might be. I smiled.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey to you too." She smiled at me. I have always loved her smile.

"I guess 'Girl Time' is finally over?" I asked, looking back at the ocean.

"Yeah, well, technically I think it is but for Ashley there will always be a part two." She said and we both laughed. Knowing Ashley too, she loves gossip, good gossip. And it was a silent for a few minutes before I looked back at her and she was also looking back at me. I opened my mouth to say,

"Vanesa..." "Zac.." We both said at the same time and we laughed. I missed the way we used to be liked this. How I wish we were back to the way we were before.

"You first." She said, encouraging me to go first.

"No, it's okay. Ladies first." I said smiling. I want her to go first because I want to know something.

"Okay." She said. She took a few moments before she said something, calming herself. It makes me feel like she wants to talk about something serious.

"We need to talk." She finally stated.

She looks at me like she's waiting for my reaction. I kept staring at her if she is being serious right now. I smiled at her and looked back at the ocean in front of me. Maybe I was not only the one asking questions these days.

"I guess it's bothering you too huh." I finally said looking back at her smiling.

"Well." She paused and looked away from me and looked at her hands. I know she's nervous in saying what's on her mind.

"Yeah. I've been thinking about it lately actually." She said shyly.

"About what exactly?" I said while looking back at the ocean. I want her to open up about what's been going on in her mind. I don't want to push myself out of my luck. Maybe I am reading wrong signals.