Part 8: The Reveal

~Aphmau's POV~

Garroth and I are hanging out today at my house. I hope my mom isn't too awkward about it. Let's just hope she doesn't lash out at him. I was watching Sword Art Online when I heard a knock at the door. I jumped up and answered it. Just as I expected, it was Garroth.

"Hey Garroth! Come in!" I say smiling.

"Okay." he replied. Is he as nervous as I am? I hope not. Just then my mom came out of the kitchen.

"Mija, who was at the door... WHO IS THIS BOY AND WHY IS HE IN MY HOUSE WITH MY LITTLE GIRL! JESSICA APHMAU PHOENIX IF YOU DON'T EXPLAIN TO ME RIGHT NOW I WILL BAN YOU FROM WATCHING ANIME AND WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR LAPTOP FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!" My mom screamed. Oh no.

"MOM! This is just my friend Garroth. Garroth, if you couldn't already tell, this is my mom." I said, my face red.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Phoenix." He said putting out his hand so my mom could shake it. But something was off with my mom. She looked like her ship just sailed in her favorite anime.

"Are you Garroth Ro'Maeve?" She asked. Why is she acting so weird? She never acts like this.

"Umm... Yea. That's my name." He said obviously confused.

"Do you guys not remember?" She said, now confused. We both shook our heads and my mom grew excited. "Aphmau, do you remember when we left how your best friend rode his bike over to our house to say goodbye to you? And do you Garroth remember when you were twelve your best friend leaving to another country with her single mom?" My eyes widened and I looked at Garroth.

~Garroth's POV~

My eyes widened and I looked at Aphmau and all the memories came flooding back. Meeting on the swings. Coming to her house every day to play Lord and Guard. Teaching her how to ride a bike. Her kissing my cheek on my birthday. Her leaving for Spain. Me giving up on her ever returning. We both lunged toward each other and hugged, squeezing tighter every couple seconds. 

"I believe you two have some catching up to do.I'll be upstairs listening to DA QUEEN BEE and talking with Zianna on the phone if you need me." Aphmau's mom said. When we saw she was out of sight, I let go of the hug and smashed my lips into hers. She kissed back, and I smiled through the kiss. We parted and we went over to the couch and sat down to talk. I couldn't believe the only girl I ever loved was right there in front of me, talking all about her two years spent in Spain and how she got into gaming and anime and stuff like that. But I couldn't even pay attention to what she was saying. She was just as beautiful as I remembered, no, she was more beautiful than I remember. She soon stopped talking and we were just staring into each other's eyes. But it wasn't awkward at all.

"You know Aph, your even more beautiful than I remember." I said, blushing hard. But it was okay because she was blushing too.

"And your even more handsome, Gar Gar!" She said giggling. She still remembered my nickname! 

"Hey!" I said, and I began to tickle her. She laughing so hard that she began to snort which made me laugh. Even though we were in high school, we were still elementary school kids at heart. We fell on the floor laughing, and when we calmed down, I realized she was snuggled up next to me looking up into my eyes. She then snuggled her head into my chest and began to snore softly. I smiled and fell asleep too, only to be waken up by screaming.